Amigo duo help women celebrate her 100th birthday at a St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Archant
An Italian duo called ‘The Singing Amigos’ serenaded Amelia Neal as she celebrated her 100th birthday.
The two burst into Bar Espresso last Friday and broke into song, accompanied with a guitar, an accordion, and with the audience joining in by clapping along.
Entertainer and Catherine Street barber Vince Citrano said: “I thought it went really well.
“It is a real pleasure to do it, as an entertainer I do 50th birthdays and 40th birthdays, but I rarely do 100th birthdays.
“But I think it went really well, the whole restaurant enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
A relative of Amelia, who goes by Mim, said: “The birthday started on Sunday, December 7 and has not really stopped.
“We are still going and this was a lovely, lovely night.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Green light given to new hospital project
- 5 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 6 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 7 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 8 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 9 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 10 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
A birthday cake was donated by Europa ‘93 in Waltham Cross, and Bar Espresso, located on Victoria Street, donated the meal.