Amigo duo help women celebrate her 100th birthday at a St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Archant
An Italian duo called ‘The Singing Amigos’ serenaded Amelia Neal as she celebrated her 100th birthday.
The two burst into Bar Espresso last Friday and broke into song, accompanied with a guitar, an accordion, and with the audience joining in by clapping along.
Entertainer and Catherine Street barber Vince Citrano said: “I thought it went really well.
“It is a real pleasure to do it, as an entertainer I do 50th birthdays and 40th birthdays, but I rarely do 100th birthdays.
“But I think it went really well, the whole restaurant enjoyed it.”
A relative of Amelia, who goes by Mim, said: “The birthday started on Sunday, December 7 and has not really stopped.
“We are still going and this was a lovely, lovely night.”
- 1 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 2 Goods worth more than £260 in total stolen from St Albans Co-op store
- 3 Clarence Park deckchairs banned following council concerns
- 4 Church welcomes gay community event as part of St Albans Pub Pride
- 5 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 6 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 7 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 8 Man in his 20s stabbed in shopping area in Hemel Hempstead
- 9 New play areas open at Harpenden parks
- 10 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
A birthday cake was donated by Europa ‘93 in Waltham Cross, and Bar Espresso, located on Victoria Street, donated the meal.