Amigo duo help women celebrate her 100th birthday at a St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Archant
An Italian duo called ‘The Singing Amigos’ serenaded Amelia Neal as she celebrated her 100th birthday.
The two burst into Bar Espresso last Friday and broke into song, accompanied with a guitar, an accordion, and with the audience joining in by clapping along.
Entertainer and Catherine Street barber Vince Citrano said: “I thought it went really well.
“It is a real pleasure to do it, as an entertainer I do 50th birthdays and 40th birthdays, but I rarely do 100th birthdays.
“But I think it went really well, the whole restaurant enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
A relative of Amelia, who goes by Mim, said: “The birthday started on Sunday, December 7 and has not really stopped.
“We are still going and this was a lovely, lovely night.”
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 3 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 4 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 5 From the terraces to the pitch - Huw Dawson ecstatic to reach FA Cup first round with St Albans City
- 6 Property Spotlight: A detached home on one of St Albans' most desirable streets
- 7 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 8 St Albans City reach FA Cup first round after shoot-out win over Corinthian Casuals
- 9 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
A birthday cake was donated by Europa ‘93 in Waltham Cross, and Bar Espresso, located on Victoria Street, donated the meal.