Amigo duo help women celebrate her 100th birthday at a St Albans restaurant
- Credit: Archant
An Italian duo called ‘The Singing Amigos’ serenaded Amelia Neal as she celebrated her 100th birthday.
The two burst into Bar Espresso last Friday and broke into song, accompanied with a guitar, an accordion, and with the audience joining in by clapping along.
Entertainer and Catherine Street barber Vince Citrano said: “I thought it went really well.
“It is a real pleasure to do it, as an entertainer I do 50th birthdays and 40th birthdays, but I rarely do 100th birthdays.
“But I think it went really well, the whole restaurant enjoyed it.”
You may also want to watch:
A relative of Amelia, who goes by Mim, said: “The birthday started on Sunday, December 7 and has not really stopped.
“We are still going and this was a lovely, lovely night.”
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers
A birthday cake was donated by Europa ‘93 in Waltham Cross, and Bar Espresso, located on Victoria Street, donated the meal.