St Albans resident launches crowdfunding campaign in hopes to maintain the area
- Credit: Archant
A caring resident has set up a crowdfunding campaign in the hope of planting and maintaining trees in the area.
Robert Dunster, who lives in Longacres, St Albans, is looking to raise more than £1,500 to have five trees planted in Longacres Park.
The money raised will go towards the upkeep of the new trees.
In addition, people can sponsor a particular tree in memory of a loved one or in honour of an event.
The fundraising initiative has support from St Albans council, Countryside Management Services and St Albans community services, which will help maintain the site.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: “This project will help improve the green space that is used and loved by so many, protect it from neglect and offer a safe haven of fun for all residents who enjoy its open spaces and wildlife.
“Together, I am hoping we can support Longacres Park so that tomorrow we can still call it home with pride.”
For more information or to donate click here.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 9 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 10 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire