St Albans resident launches crowdfunding campaign in hopes to maintain the area
- Credit: Archant
A caring resident has set up a crowdfunding campaign in the hope of planting and maintaining trees in the area.
Robert Dunster, who lives in Longacres, St Albans, is looking to raise more than £1,500 to have five trees planted in Longacres Park.
The money raised will go towards the upkeep of the new trees.
In addition, people can sponsor a particular tree in memory of a loved one or in honour of an event.
The fundraising initiative has support from St Albans council, Countryside Management Services and St Albans community services, which will help maintain the site.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: “This project will help improve the green space that is used and loved by so many, protect it from neglect and offer a safe haven of fun for all residents who enjoy its open spaces and wildlife.
“Together, I am hoping we can support Longacres Park so that tomorrow we can still call it home with pride.”
For more information or to donate click here.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash