St Albans resident launches crowdfunding campaign in hopes to maintain the area
- Credit: Archant
A caring resident has set up a crowdfunding campaign in the hope of planting and maintaining trees in the area.
Robert Dunster, who lives in Longacres, St Albans, is looking to raise more than £1,500 to have five trees planted in Longacres Park.
The money raised will go towards the upkeep of the new trees.
In addition, people can sponsor a particular tree in memory of a loved one or in honour of an event.
The fundraising initiative has support from St Albans council, Countryside Management Services and St Albans community services, which will help maintain the site.
You may also want to watch:
Robert said: “This project will help improve the green space that is used and loved by so many, protect it from neglect and offer a safe haven of fun for all residents who enjoy its open spaces and wildlife.
“Together, I am hoping we can support Longacres Park so that tomorrow we can still call it home with pride.”
For more information or to donate click here.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 5 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping