St Albans recruitment firm heading to the Highlands for epic challenge
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans recruitment firm are training for an epic series of challenges in the Scottish Highlands this September.
A team from Understanding Recruitment will be running, cycling, and kayaking 105 miles from Nairn on the west coast, to Glencoe in the east.
Company executive Paul Marks said: “The Highland terrain and weather, especially in September, is going to make for an incredibly challenging, yet epic journey.
“After the 56 miles that day one presents us, sleeping in a small tent at Fort Augustus is really going to add to the difficulty that day 2 will bring.
“Our team of volunteers have really upped their training regimes in preparation for this epic challenge, adding to their lunch time PT sessions with some additional evening and weekend cardio training.”
You may also want to watch:
The challenge is intended to raise £5,000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com
- 1 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 2 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 3 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 7 History comes to life at Celtic Harmony in Hertfordshire
- 8 Green light given to new hospital project
- 9 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 10 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure