St Albans recruitment firm heading to the Highlands for epic challenge
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans recruitment firm are training for an epic series of challenges in the Scottish Highlands this September.
A team from Understanding Recruitment will be running, cycling, and kayaking 105 miles from Nairn on the west coast, to Glencoe in the east.
Company executive Paul Marks said: “The Highland terrain and weather, especially in September, is going to make for an incredibly challenging, yet epic journey.
“After the 56 miles that day one presents us, sleeping in a small tent at Fort Augustus is really going to add to the difficulty that day 2 will bring.
“Our team of volunteers have really upped their training regimes in preparation for this epic challenge, adding to their lunch time PT sessions with some additional evening and weekend cardio training.”
You may also want to watch:
The challenge is intended to raise £5,000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 3 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
- 6 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 7 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 8 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 9 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 10 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans