St Albans recruitment firm heading to the Highlands for epic challenge
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans recruitment firm are training for an epic series of challenges in the Scottish Highlands this September.
A team from Understanding Recruitment will be running, cycling, and kayaking 105 miles from Nairn on the west coast, to Glencoe in the east.
Company executive Paul Marks said: “The Highland terrain and weather, especially in September, is going to make for an incredibly challenging, yet epic journey.
“After the 56 miles that day one presents us, sleeping in a small tent at Fort Augustus is really going to add to the difficulty that day 2 will bring.
“Our team of volunteers have really upped their training regimes in preparation for this epic challenge, adding to their lunch time PT sessions with some additional evening and weekend cardio training.”
You may also want to watch:
The challenge is intended to raise £5,000 for Cancer Research UK.
To donate, visit www.justgiving.com
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 6 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 7 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Aldi eyeing new Hertfordshire store locations
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to