St Albans ready for Grove House Jingle Bell Jog
AS the countdown to Christmas really gets into full swing, Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care (IRGH) is asking people to support its vital fundraiser taking place this weekend and get into the seasonal spirit of giving.
The sponsored Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run will start at the Waterend Barn in St Albans on Sunday at 11am and offer everyone taking part the chance to have some pre-Christmas fun by dressing up as Santas or reindeer. Heart FM will be sending along a presenter to host the event with plenty of coverage on the radio adding to the atmosphere of excitement.
Participants have been sharing some of their reasons for signing up and supporting this fundraising event which will raise vital money for IRGH which helps support patients and their families diagnosed with life-limiting illness.
Sam Chambers and his fianc�e Hannah Durbin will be taking part running as a team called the Missile Toes. Sam said: “Hannah and a few friends took part last year and had a great time.
“The atmosphere is so lively, friendly and festive it’s a brilliant event to get you in the mood for Christmas whilst raising money for a great cause. I’d recommend entering to anybody who is able to – the sight of 300-plus Santas is incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
The Missile Toes will also be joined on the Jingle Bell Jog by the Hawthorne Berries from Radlett. Helen Hawthorne will run with her daughter Niamh and son Scott in memory of Helen’s father and Brian, a close family friend.
The 1.5km Reindeer Run is open to all ages and will start at 11am with the 5km Jingle Bell Jog for runners aged 10 and over following at 11.30am. To ensure that all reindeer and Santas are ready for the off there will be special warm-up sessions before each run.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 St Albans Chamber's Not St George's Day event is a smash success
- 6 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 7 Harpenden Christmas Carnival returns for 2021
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 10 St Albans named among Britain's best places for first-time buyer discounts
To sign up for the Reindeer Run or Jingle Bell Jog, please go to www.grove-house.org.uk/jinglebelljog. Entry to the Reindeer Run costs �7.50 and includes reindeer ears and a beautiful medal that doubles as a Christmas tree decoration. Entry to the Jingle Bell Jog costs �15 and includes a medal and a Santa suit. To enter by telephone, please call the Fundraising Team on 01442 820717. You will also be able to enter on the day, but please arrive in plenty of time to register.