St Albans ready for Grove House Jingle Bell Jog
AS the countdown to Christmas really gets into full swing, Iain Rennie Grove House Hospice Care (IRGH) is asking people to support its vital fundraiser taking place this weekend and get into the seasonal spirit of giving.
The sponsored Jingle Bell Jog and Reindeer Run will start at the Waterend Barn in St Albans on Sunday at 11am and offer everyone taking part the chance to have some pre-Christmas fun by dressing up as Santas or reindeer. Heart FM will be sending along a presenter to host the event with plenty of coverage on the radio adding to the atmosphere of excitement.
Participants have been sharing some of their reasons for signing up and supporting this fundraising event which will raise vital money for IRGH which helps support patients and their families diagnosed with life-limiting illness.
Sam Chambers and his fianc�e Hannah Durbin will be taking part running as a team called the Missile Toes. Sam said: “Hannah and a few friends took part last year and had a great time.
“The atmosphere is so lively, friendly and festive it’s a brilliant event to get you in the mood for Christmas whilst raising money for a great cause. I’d recommend entering to anybody who is able to – the sight of 300-plus Santas is incredible.”
You may also want to watch:
The Missile Toes will also be joined on the Jingle Bell Jog by the Hawthorne Berries from Radlett. Helen Hawthorne will run with her daughter Niamh and son Scott in memory of Helen’s father and Brian, a close family friend.
The 1.5km Reindeer Run is open to all ages and will start at 11am with the 5km Jingle Bell Jog for runners aged 10 and over following at 11.30am. To ensure that all reindeer and Santas are ready for the off there will be special warm-up sessions before each run.
- 1 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 2 Flashmob celebrates re-opening of St Albans high street
- 3 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 4 What are our district's cases like now lockdown restrictions have eased?
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Call from St Albans Museum for start of Ramadan
- 7 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 8 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 9 St Albans-based pharmacy association celebrates centenary
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
To sign up for the Reindeer Run or Jingle Bell Jog, please go to www.grove-house.org.uk/jinglebelljog. Entry to the Reindeer Run costs �7.50 and includes reindeer ears and a beautiful medal that doubles as a Christmas tree decoration. Entry to the Jingle Bell Jog costs �15 and includes a medal and a Santa suit. To enter by telephone, please call the Fundraising Team on 01442 820717. You will also be able to enter on the day, but please arrive in plenty of time to register.