St Albans district filled with love through latest Rainbow Trail initiative
- Credit: Nilima Patwardan
Love is still in the air around the district, as St Albans Rainbow Trail continues its Valentine's-themed Love Trail.
Running until Sunday (February 21), the trail has been spreading love across the district in true lockdown fashion. The initiative invites participants to make heart creations and place these in your windows, trees, driveways, paving or doorways.
Some hearts displayed as part of the project have been dedicated to special people and aspects of life missed during lockdown, as well as in memoriam of those who have passed away.
Through the project, the St Albans Rainbow Trail aspired to fill our district with love through artwork to remind people that although it's a difficult time, love can still be found wherever you look. Participants have also been sharing their entries online so those isolating or housebound can take part and feel uplifted by the project.
Preet Cox, organiser of the Love Trail and founder of St Albans Rainbow Trail, said: "‘The aim of the Love Trail was to allow the community to express love in any shape or form they felt like; whether it was in honour of a special person, to send a message to passers by and to help lift their spirits, in memory of a loved one, or for a special cause.
You may also want to watch:
"The trail has been truly heart-warming."
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'