Everyone invited seventh birthday party for St Albans’ French radio show
- Credit: Archant
A popular St Albans radio show for Francophiles is holding a seventh birthday party this November.
Radio Verulam’s weekly segment Bouche à Oreille has been on air broadcasting in French for seven years - expanding from a half an hour slot once a month in 2011 to a one-hour weekly show in 2018.
There are now four presenters, founders Aline Bavister and Geraldine Zolynski and newer additions Melanie Gardner and Elise Lines.
With international audiences stretching to Thailand, the show has covered a range of topics including Brexit, UK holiday destinations, charity work, the jewels of Hertfordshire, home schooling, and how to keep up spoken French at home.
Local authors, actors and musicians are often featured on the show.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is invited to the party, which will be held at Fleetville Community Centre on November 17. French language skills are not required and tickets are £10 from www.radioverulam.com/party
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder