Everyone invited seventh birthday party for St Albans’ French radio show
- Credit: Archant
A popular St Albans radio show for Francophiles is holding a seventh birthday party this November.
Radio Verulam’s weekly segment Bouche à Oreille has been on air broadcasting in French for seven years - expanding from a half an hour slot once a month in 2011 to a one-hour weekly show in 2018.
There are now four presenters, founders Aline Bavister and Geraldine Zolynski and newer additions Melanie Gardner and Elise Lines.
With international audiences stretching to Thailand, the show has covered a range of topics including Brexit, UK holiday destinations, charity work, the jewels of Hertfordshire, home schooling, and how to keep up spoken French at home.
Local authors, actors and musicians are often featured on the show.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone is invited to the party, which will be held at Fleetville Community Centre on November 17. French language skills are not required and tickets are £10 from www.radioverulam.com/party
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 St Albans man's charity walk in memory of dad who died following heart attack
- 10 Black History Month: 'I am connected to the world by a multitude of threads'