Race for Life in St Albans is open to all
- Credit: Aaron Jones on behalf of Cancer
Having previously been just for women, the Cancer Research UK’s Race for Life in St. Albans is now open to all.
The event will take place at Verulamium Park on Sunday, July 19 and is open to people of all ages.
Cancer Research UK's event manager for Herts Annie Ashwell said: "Our events are fun, colourful, emotional and uplifting.
"Participants take part at their own pace - taking as much time as they like to complete the course. For some people, the Race for Life is literally a walk in the park. For others, it's a jog or a run."
Cancer Research UK's Race for Life, in partnership with Tesco, is an inspiring series of 5k and 10k events which raise millions of pounds every year to help beat cancer by funding crucial research.
You may also want to watch:
Cancer Research UK receives no government funding for its research.
To enter visit www.raceforlife.org
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers