Arrests made after purse snatching in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested three men after a purse snatching in St Albans city centre on Saturday.
A man attempted to snatch a purse from a woman in Market Place at around 11.25am, but she was able to get the purse back from him.
The thief was pursued by a witness, who saw him get into a dark BMW, which drove off.
The witness flagged down a passing police car and told them what happened. The officers chased after and stopped the BMW and arrested three people on suspicion of conspiracy to commit theft.
A 21-year-old man from London and an 18-year-old man from Sheffield have been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
22-year-old George Cosmin-Manloe, from Farley Hill in Luton, has been charged with driving without insurance.
He will appear at Central West Hets Magistrates Court on May 22.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 6 Jeffers has double helpings as St Albans City continue to wolf down their 'bread and butter' at Bath
- 7 Apply for free tickets to be in the audience of The Masked Singer UK in Hertfordshire
- 8 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 9 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Police had appealed for the victim to come forward and help their investigation, but she has now been traced.