Arrests made after purse snatching in St Albans
- Credit: Archant
Police have arrested three men after a purse snatching in St Albans city centre on Saturday.
A man attempted to snatch a purse from a woman in Market Place at around 11.25am, but she was able to get the purse back from him.
The thief was pursued by a witness, who saw him get into a dark BMW, which drove off.
The witness flagged down a passing police car and told them what happened. The officers chased after and stopped the BMW and arrested three people on suspicion of conspiracy to commit theft.
A 21-year-old man from London and an 18-year-old man from Sheffield have been released under investigation.
You may also want to watch:
22-year-old George Cosmin-Manloe, from Farley Hill in Luton, has been charged with driving without insurance.
He will appear at Central West Hets Magistrates Court on May 22.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
Police had appealed for the victim to come forward and help their investigation, but she has now been traced.