St Albans purse snatcher sent to prison
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans purse snatcher has been imprisoned for 20 weeks.
Petrache Lazar, 68, stole a purse with £73 in Poundland on St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 5.
Hatfield remand court heard on Monday, July 17 how Lazar had operated as part of a gang.
After Lazar pleaded guilty to both this and an offence in Berkhamsted, Deputy district judge Johnson sentenced him to 20 weeks in prison.
PC Mark Procter said: “The victims in both of these thefts were aged in their 80s. Lazar purposely targeted them removing their purses from their handbags while they were distracted.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of offence where elderly and vulnerable victims are targeted by criminals will not be tolerated in Hertfordshire and officers will do all they can to identify offenders and bring them to justice.”
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 9 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 10 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council