St Albans purse snatcher sent to prison
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans purse snatcher has been imprisoned for 20 weeks.
Petrache Lazar, 68, stole a purse with £73 in Poundland on St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 5.
Hatfield remand court heard on Monday, July 17 how Lazar had operated as part of a gang.
After Lazar pleaded guilty to both this and an offence in Berkhamsted, Deputy district judge Johnson sentenced him to 20 weeks in prison.
PC Mark Procter said: “The victims in both of these thefts were aged in their 80s. Lazar purposely targeted them removing their purses from their handbags while they were distracted.
You may also want to watch:
“This type of offence where elderly and vulnerable victims are targeted by criminals will not be tolerated in Hertfordshire and officers will do all they can to identify offenders and bring them to justice.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street