St Albans pupils' efforts hit �4,000 for Grove House Hospice
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school. The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years. Recently Paul P
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school.
The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years.
Recently Paul Parrish, fundraising director of Grove House, visited the school to accept a cheque from the children bringing their fundraising to over �4,000.
Head teacher Angela Bettridge said: "It is important for the children to learn to think about giving to others. We are fortunate to have generous parents who have supported us in our fundraising for Grove House.
You may also want to watch:
"We sell goods at our Harvest Festival, there is a PTA family picnic in the summer and all donations from Christmas plays go to the hospice. We are delighted to be able to support this excellent local charity."
Grove House representatives are always happy to visit local schools for assemblies or fundraising events. To arrange a visit contact Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind