St Albans pupils' efforts hit �4,000 for Grove House Hospice
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school. The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years. Recently Paul P
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school.
The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years.
Recently Paul Parrish, fundraising director of Grove House, visited the school to accept a cheque from the children bringing their fundraising to over �4,000.
Head teacher Angela Bettridge said: "It is important for the children to learn to think about giving to others. We are fortunate to have generous parents who have supported us in our fundraising for Grove House.
You may also want to watch:
"We sell goods at our Harvest Festival, there is a PTA family picnic in the summer and all donations from Christmas plays go to the hospice. We are delighted to be able to support this excellent local charity."
Grove House representatives are always happy to visit local schools for assemblies or fundraising events. To arrange a visit contact Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street