St Albans pupils' efforts hit �4,000 for Grove House Hospice
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school. The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years. Recently Paul P
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school.
The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years.
Recently Paul Parrish, fundraising director of Grove House, visited the school to accept a cheque from the children bringing their fundraising to over �4,000.
Head teacher Angela Bettridge said: "It is important for the children to learn to think about giving to others. We are fortunate to have generous parents who have supported us in our fundraising for Grove House.
"We sell goods at our Harvest Festival, there is a PTA family picnic in the summer and all donations from Christmas plays go to the hospice. We are delighted to be able to support this excellent local charity."
Grove House representatives are always happy to visit local schools for assemblies or fundraising events. To arrange a visit contact Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Teenager ‘robbed at knife-point' by two males in Hemel Hempstead
- 3 Recap: Two crashes disrupting M1 and M25 drivers near St Albans
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Pantomime dame from Radlett appears on ITV’s Britain’s Got Talent
- 6 Campaign to keep Chiswell 'green' gains momentum
- 7 7 great places to get a bottomless brunch in Hertfordshire
- 8 Rent this maisonette in a listed former pub for £2,100pcm
- 9 Have you had your council tax rebate yet?
- 10 Mr Motorsports - the St Albans lawyer with F1 flair