St Albans pupils' efforts hit �4,000 for Grove House Hospice
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school. The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years. Recently Paul P
PRESENTING cheques to Grove House is becoming second nature to pupils of a St Albans infants school.
The St Albans day hospice is the preferred charity of Cunningham Hill Infants School which has been raising funds for the past five years.
Recently Paul Parrish, fundraising director of Grove House, visited the school to accept a cheque from the children bringing their fundraising to over �4,000.
Head teacher Angela Bettridge said: "It is important for the children to learn to think about giving to others. We are fortunate to have generous parents who have supported us in our fundraising for Grove House.
You may also want to watch:
"We sell goods at our Harvest Festival, there is a PTA family picnic in the summer and all donations from Christmas plays go to the hospice. We are delighted to be able to support this excellent local charity."
Grove House representatives are always happy to visit local schools for assemblies or fundraising events. To arrange a visit contact Liz Hizli on 01727 731008 or visit www.grove-house.org.uk
- 1 St Albans' COVID cases continue to decline as UK surpasses "grim" milestone
- 2 The Snow Must Go On: More pics of St Albans in the snow
- 3 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Market depot site could be redeveloped for housing
- 6 Bishop wages war on sports gambling
- 7 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 8 'This was quite an emotional experience!' - Thanks to Covid vaccination teams from the people they have treated
- 9 Claw enforcement: How to stop your cat scratching furniture and leaving fur everywhere
- 10 Date confirmed for parliamentary debate on stamp duty holiday extension