St Albans pub wins national live music award
PUB promoter Hansi Koppe was still on a high days after he and The Horn s owner Adrian Bell were handed the Live Music Pub of the Year accolade.The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, received the prestigious accolade at the Great British Pub Awards on W
PUB promoter Hansi Koppe was still on a high days after he and The Horn's owner Adrian Bell were handed the Live Music Pub of the Year accolade.
The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, received the prestigious accolade at the Great British Pub Awards on Wednesday night.
Hansi said: "We're all absolutely over the moon having another award. It's been a team effort from bar staff, sound engineers, security and ourselves. We'd also like to thank all our customers, artists and promoters for their ongoing support, and we hope The Horn continues to be an important part of the local music scene for many years to come."
The latest award follows hot on the heels of last year's successes when The Horn was judged Best Entertainment Pub of the Year and named Best Music Pub in another national contest.
The venue made it through regional heats to take the title from seven other pubs from cross the country in the finals.
Adrian and Hansi waited with bated breath to hear their name announced at London's Hilton Hotel in Park Lane.
- 1 Train timetable shakeup due in St Albans and Watford from May 15
- 2 Harpenden neighbours condemn plans for builders merchant next to residential properties
- 3 Woman found in canal near M25 in Hertfordshire
- 4 Nearly 100 motorway cameras upgraded to catch drivers who flout red X rules
- 5 Tomorrow's lunar eclipse: How and when to see it
- 6 Revealed: Most popular Deliveroo takeaway dishes in St Albans
- 7 Police ‘concerned’ as 25-year-old goes missing from Stevenage
- 8 FULL RESULTS: Lib Dem landslide in St Albans council elections
- 9 See inside this loft style apartment in a former hat factory
- 10 7 places where you can tuck into a carvery in Hertfordshire
The pub has acted as a springboard for several local bands including Enter Shikari and Friendly Fires, who most recently chose the venue for an after show party following their homecoming gig at the Alban Arena.