St Albans pub wins national live music award
PUB promoter Hansi Koppe was still on a high days after he and The Horn s owner Adrian Bell were handed the Live Music Pub of the Year accolade.The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, received the prestigious accolade at the Great British Pub Awards on W
PUB promoter Hansi Koppe was still on a high days after he and The Horn's owner Adrian Bell were handed the Live Music Pub of the Year accolade.
The Horn in Victoria Street, St Albans, received the prestigious accolade at the Great British Pub Awards on Wednesday night.
Hansi said: "We're all absolutely over the moon having another award. It's been a team effort from bar staff, sound engineers, security and ourselves. We'd also like to thank all our customers, artists and promoters for their ongoing support, and we hope The Horn continues to be an important part of the local music scene for many years to come."
The latest award follows hot on the heels of last year's successes when The Horn was judged Best Entertainment Pub of the Year and named Best Music Pub in another national contest.
You may also want to watch:
The venue made it through regional heats to take the title from seven other pubs from cross the country in the finals.
Adrian and Hansi waited with bated breath to hear their name announced at London's Hilton Hotel in Park Lane.
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 10 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
The pub has acted as a springboard for several local bands including Enter Shikari and Friendly Fires, who most recently chose the venue for an after show party following their homecoming gig at the Alban Arena.