St Albans pub proves Fighting fit for TV appearance
A ST Albans pub has appeared on primetime television in a popular property programme after a fun four days of filming.
Ye Olde Fighting Cocks, in Abbey Mill Lane, featured in Location, Location, Location on Channel 4 last week.
Presented by Phil Spencer and Kirstie Allsopp the reality show, which first aired 12 years ago, seeks to find potential buyers, David and Claire Mellor, their dream home in the cathedral city.
They have moved house five times in as many years and are desperate to settle down.
But Fighting Cocks landlord Christo Tofalli said the production was not without hiccups – with a broken camera holding up a crew member from catching a plane and tension mounting as they waited for new recording equipment as time was running out to put in a bid on the perfect pad.
You may also want to watch:
He commented: “The pressure that built up in that time for the crew, and more so for the couple, was amazing. It was a scream!”
It’s not the first time Ye Olde Fighting Cocks – officially the oldest pub in England – has been in the media spotlight, following recent news coverage on American network, NBC. Since then, several customers from the States have been in to take photographs and buy t-shirts.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
With an interest in performing as an actor, musician and comedian himself, Christo supports the arts and has introduced music events to the historic pub, which was taken over in April by him and two other business partners – Chris Luck and Dominic Ingram.
If you missed the episode of Location, Location, Location it can be seen again on 4 On Demand.