St Albans pub is part of one of UK’s best companies
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pub has been ranked one of the best companies to work for in a national poll.
Oakman Inns & Restaurants, which operates five pubs in Herts including The Beech House on St Peter’s Street, has been ranked eighth in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2017.
The lists are based on employees’ opinions, and each year the questionnaires are revised to reflect current workplace concerns. Oakman Inns has been ranked in the top 50 for the past three years, and this year also won Best Improver.
Peter Borg-Neal, Oakman Inns’ chief executive, said: “I am incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved.
“To reach the top 10 in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ is a credit to every one of our team, not only in Hertfordshire but also across our entire estate.”
You may also want to watch:
The company was commended for its training scheme, its bosses’ openness and honesty, and managers motivating teams and caring about their job satisfaction.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 4 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 5 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 8 Revealed: The most and least expensive places to buy a property in Hertfordshire
- 9 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 10 Revealed: The most popular places in Hertfordshire to move to