St Albans pub is part of one of UK’s best companies
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pub has been ranked one of the best companies to work for in a national poll.
Oakman Inns & Restaurants, which operates five pubs in Herts including The Beech House on St Peter’s Street, has been ranked eighth in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2017.
The lists are based on employees’ opinions, and each year the questionnaires are revised to reflect current workplace concerns. Oakman Inns has been ranked in the top 50 for the past three years, and this year also won Best Improver.
Peter Borg-Neal, Oakman Inns’ chief executive, said: “I am incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved.
“To reach the top 10 in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ is a credit to every one of our team, not only in Hertfordshire but also across our entire estate.”
You may also want to watch:
The company was commended for its training scheme, its bosses’ openness and honesty, and managers motivating teams and caring about their job satisfaction.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 6 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 9 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 10 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty