St Albans pub is part of one of UK’s best companies
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans pub has been ranked one of the best companies to work for in a national poll.
Oakman Inns & Restaurants, which operates five pubs in Herts including The Beech House on St Peter’s Street, has been ranked eighth in the Sunday Times 100 Best Companies To Work For 2017.
The lists are based on employees’ opinions, and each year the questionnaires are revised to reflect current workplace concerns. Oakman Inns has been ranked in the top 50 for the past three years, and this year also won Best Improver.
Peter Borg-Neal, Oakman Inns’ chief executive, said: “I am incredibly proud of what we’ve achieved.
“To reach the top 10 in ‘The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work For’ is a credit to every one of our team, not only in Hertfordshire but also across our entire estate.”
You may also want to watch:
The company was commended for its training scheme, its bosses’ openness and honesty, and managers motivating teams and caring about their job satisfaction.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping