St Albans pub hosting Twilight fundraiser in memory of Alex
A TWILIGHT-THEMED evening will take place next Saturday, October 30, to raise cash and commemorate a young St Albans man who died in July this year.
The King Harry pub will host the Halloween event in memory of Alex Robinson who died at just 19 after being diagnosed with a brain tumour. The choice of venue is particularly poignant as it was where Alex worked before he died.
Mark Robinson, Alex’s father, said: “It’s a chance for his friends and family to come down and remember him, as well as an opportunity to raise cash for Brain Tumour UK, our preferred charity.”
The Twilight-themed event will start at around 8pm until late and include a raffle to win genuine memorabilia from the Twilight movies, as well as ghoulish food and ghostly cocktails. The Lee Aaron Band and guest DJs will provide the music throughout the evening and there will be prizes for the best fancy dress costume – vampires and werewolves are preferred – and the worst. The Twilight films will also be showing.
Mark and Jackie Robinson have raised almost �5,000 for Brain Tumour UK since Alex died and intend to do many more fundraising events in the future, with the next event, a fire-walking extravaganza, being held on December 18 at the King Harry.
You may also want to watch:
Alex, who had attended Verulam School, was diagnosed with a brain tumour in April this year after visiting the doctor with a hearing problem. Doctors were due to tell him that his tumour may be benign on the same day that he died.
To donate money to Brain Tumour UK, visit, Mark and Jackie’s fundraising page on www.justgiving.com/alexrobinson19
- 1 St Albans nursery given six weeks' notice warning of potential closure
- 2 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 3 Urgent care services at St Albans hospital could become appointment only
- 4 In Pictures: Harpenden Farmers' Market back on the Common
- 5 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 6 Standon Calling called off after heavy rain and lightning risk
- 7 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 8 Property Spotlight: A spacious family home in Harpenden's prestigious West Common
- 9 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 10 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe