St Albans psychologist wins Herts Uni photography competition
TWO thousand pounds in prize money and a photography accolade was awarded to an occupational psychologist from St Albans on Monday evening.
Colleen Addicott’s photograph “People at their best” won the University of Hertfordshire’s Reflection on Research photography competition which challenged students to produce an image that reflects their own research programme.
She is currently studying at the uni and is looking to develop a model to identify where people are at their best in work.
Her photograph taken at Jersey Farm on a cloudy afternoon shows silhouettes of people jumping with a prop to represent their profession.
They included a journalist with a pen and pad, a cook with a hat and spatula, a builder with a hammer and pliers, a wind turbine engineer with a mini turbine and a business consultant with a laptop.
Colleen said: “Putting together the photograph was really exciting.
“The whole process of trying to capture the idea that when people are at their best they feel that they can jump for joy was great.”
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
Dr Susan Grey, Director of Research Degrees and Director of the Doctoral College, said: “We received a very wide range of submissions from so many different areas of research and the quality of all the entries was excellent – a great challenge for our judging panel.
“Colleen’s photograph captured the spirit of her research of when people are at their best.”