St Albans primary school stands out from the crowd
AN OUTSTANDING primary school in St Albans is celebrating a shining Ofsted report. Bernards Heath Junior School has been marked as outstanding by Ofsted inspectors who visited the school in Watson Avenue for two days last month. The inspectors noted the
AN OUTSTANDING primary school in St Albans is celebrating a shining Ofsted report.
Bernards Heath Junior School has been marked as outstanding by Ofsted inspectors who visited the school in Watson Avenue for two days last month.
The inspectors noted the good work of headteacher Sian Kilpatrick, whose "dynamic leadership" and "determined pursuit of excellence" had created an "outstandingly effective school."
The quality of day-to-day guidance and support provided to pupils - including those with special educational needs and disabilities - was also commended, as well as the pupils' behaviour and social development.
You may also want to watch:
The report added: "A very clear moral code permeates all aspects of school life and pupils are unfailingly polite and well mannered."
As points for improvement, the school has been asked to increase access to computers during lessons and to take a more structured approach to fostering links with the wider community.
- 1 Five Guys coming to St Albans
- 2 St Albans named among best UK places to raise a baby
- 3 GP to retire after 52 years in the NHS
- 4 Property Spotlight: A huge family home on a sought-after St Albans street
- 5 Why have police failed to prosecute over destruction of Smallford Pits wildlife site?
- 6 Council elections: who are St Albans Conservative candidates?
- 7 Hertfordshire estate agency chain acquires local rival
- 8 Housing boom sees St Albans homes earning more than their owners
- 9 Youth engagement event marks Stephen Lawrence Day in St Albans
- 10 St Albans MP describes fire safety row as ‘national scandal of epic proportions’
Chair of governors at the school, Mary Liming, said that she was thrilled with the report and added: "The inspectors have recognised the tremendous contribution that everyone - from Sian Kilpatrick and her highly committed staff to the children and parents - makes to making Bernards Heath a happy and successful school.