St Albans preparing for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
STREET parties, beacon lighting, fireworks and a bonfire are just some of the events being held to make sure St Albans has a right royal knees-up during Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The four-day-long Jubilee weekend, from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, will feature a wealth of events throughout the district including a massive street party in St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 4.
Visitors can bring or buy lunch and enjoy family entertainment, a fun fair and stalls from noon.
Following music from each decade of The Queen’s reign, the day will end with a bang as the Jubilee beacon is lit on the town hall and fireworks are staged at 10pm.
On Saturday, June 2, Harpenden Common hosts a family fun day, including side stalls, from 11.30am until 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Jubilee ball is being held in London Colney on June 2 and Redbourn will host a street party in the grounds of St Mary’s church on Sunday, June 3.
On Monday, June 4, Jersey Farm Woodland Park has a medieval jester, bouncy castle, pony display, fireworks and birds of prey among an extensive line up of entertainment, with activities from 3-11pm.
- 1 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 2 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 3 Local COVID-19 contact tracing service now up and running
- 4 'Life-changing and life-enhancing' - St Albans woman reveals impact of Duke of Edinburgh award
- 5 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 6 Local talent packs out the bill for Harpenden festival
- 7 Elderly care charity set to close due to pandemic pressures
- 8 Major redevelopment underway at listed former offices in St Albans
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Drug users at Telford Court flats face tough police action
For more information on these and other events see www.enjoystalbans.com/jubilee or phone 01727 864511.