St Albans preparing for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
STREET parties, beacon lighting, fireworks and a bonfire are just some of the events being held to make sure St Albans has a right royal knees-up during Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The four-day-long Jubilee weekend, from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, will feature a wealth of events throughout the district including a massive street party in St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 4.
Visitors can bring or buy lunch and enjoy family entertainment, a fun fair and stalls from noon.
Following music from each decade of The Queen’s reign, the day will end with a bang as the Jubilee beacon is lit on the town hall and fireworks are staged at 10pm.
On Saturday, June 2, Harpenden Common hosts a family fun day, including side stalls, from 11.30am until 5pm.
A Jubilee ball is being held in London Colney on June 2 and Redbourn will host a street party in the grounds of St Mary’s church on Sunday, June 3.
On Monday, June 4, Jersey Farm Woodland Park has a medieval jester, bouncy castle, pony display, fireworks and birds of prey among an extensive line up of entertainment, with activities from 3-11pm.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 5 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 6 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 7 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 8 Building company resurfaces bridleway to provide safe route for riders and walkers
- 9 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 10 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
For more information on these and other events see www.enjoystalbans.com/jubilee or phone 01727 864511.