St Albans preparing for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
STREET parties, beacon lighting, fireworks and a bonfire are just some of the events being held to make sure St Albans has a right royal knees-up during Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The four-day-long Jubilee weekend, from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, will feature a wealth of events throughout the district including a massive street party in St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 4.
Visitors can bring or buy lunch and enjoy family entertainment, a fun fair and stalls from noon.
Following music from each decade of The Queen’s reign, the day will end with a bang as the Jubilee beacon is lit on the town hall and fireworks are staged at 10pm.
On Saturday, June 2, Harpenden Common hosts a family fun day, including side stalls, from 11.30am until 5pm.
A Jubilee ball is being held in London Colney on June 2 and Redbourn will host a street party in the grounds of St Mary’s church on Sunday, June 3.
On Monday, June 4, Jersey Farm Woodland Park has a medieval jester, bouncy castle, pony display, fireworks and birds of prey among an extensive line up of entertainment, with activities from 3-11pm.
- 1 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 2 In pictures: Harpenden Christmas Carnival makes long-awaited return
- 3 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Sing out for Christmas with Clarence Park carol service
- 8 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 9 Museum lit in orange to highlight gender-based violence
- 10 Saints happy to escape Kent with a point after poor showing at Tonbridge
For more information on these and other events see www.enjoystalbans.com/jubilee or phone 01727 864511.