St Albans preparing for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
STREET parties, beacon lighting, fireworks and a bonfire are just some of the events being held to make sure St Albans has a right royal knees-up during Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The four-day-long Jubilee weekend, from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, will feature a wealth of events throughout the district including a massive street party in St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 4.
Visitors can bring or buy lunch and enjoy family entertainment, a fun fair and stalls from noon.
Following music from each decade of The Queen’s reign, the day will end with a bang as the Jubilee beacon is lit on the town hall and fireworks are staged at 10pm.
On Saturday, June 2, Harpenden Common hosts a family fun day, including side stalls, from 11.30am until 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Jubilee ball is being held in London Colney on June 2 and Redbourn will host a street party in the grounds of St Mary’s church on Sunday, June 3.
On Monday, June 4, Jersey Farm Woodland Park has a medieval jester, bouncy castle, pony display, fireworks and birds of prey among an extensive line up of entertainment, with activities from 3-11pm.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 7 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 8 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 9 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 10 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
For more information on these and other events see www.enjoystalbans.com/jubilee or phone 01727 864511.