St Albans preparing for Queen’s Diamond Jubilee celebrations
STREET parties, beacon lighting, fireworks and a bonfire are just some of the events being held to make sure St Albans has a right royal knees-up during Diamond Jubilee celebrations.
The four-day-long Jubilee weekend, from Saturday June 2 to Tuesday June 5, will feature a wealth of events throughout the district including a massive street party in St Peter’s Street on Monday, June 4.
Visitors can bring or buy lunch and enjoy family entertainment, a fun fair and stalls from noon.
Following music from each decade of The Queen’s reign, the day will end with a bang as the Jubilee beacon is lit on the town hall and fireworks are staged at 10pm.
On Saturday, June 2, Harpenden Common hosts a family fun day, including side stalls, from 11.30am until 5pm.
You may also want to watch:
A Jubilee ball is being held in London Colney on June 2 and Redbourn will host a street party in the grounds of St Mary’s church on Sunday, June 3.
On Monday, June 4, Jersey Farm Woodland Park has a medieval jester, bouncy castle, pony display, fireworks and birds of prey among an extensive line up of entertainment, with activities from 3-11pm.
- 1 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten
- 2 St Albans district has Herts' lowest COVID-19 infection rate
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 5 Thameslink teams up with community in Harpenden to support vaccine drive
- 6 Area Guide: The Hertfordshire market town of Hitchin
- 7 Sandridge student takes on running challenge for Mind
- 8 'We are determined to get on top of this, and we will': Inside St Albans' COVID vaccination centre
- 9 Police appeal for public information after puppy found dead on A414
- 10 Tributes paid to former St Albans City goalkeeper Lee Bozier
For more information on these and other events see www.enjoystalbans.com/jubilee or phone 01727 864511.