St Albans pool reopens after glass panel replaced
- Credit: Archant
The larger of the two pools at Westminster Lodge has reopened today.
The pool had closed on Friday after a glass panel overlooking it shattered.
General manager Lesley Garner says: “I’m pleased to say the Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre main swimming pool reopened at 4.30pm on Monday, July 9 following its closure while a panel of shattered glass overlooking the pool was removed and replaced with a temporary panel.
“Our lessons, clubs, lane and leisure swimming timetable resumed from that time and our customers were made aware earlier to enable them to enjoy their session as usual.
“I would like to thank our customers and visitors for their patience and understanding as we kept the pool closed to ensure safety while undergoing the repair work.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people enjoyed alternative swimming arrangements at our neighbouring Everyone Active pools at Hemel, Watford Central and Watford Woodside, which was good to see.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 8 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'