St Albans pool reopens after glass panel replaced
- Credit: Archant
The larger of the two pools at Westminster Lodge has reopened today.
The pool had closed on Friday after a glass panel overlooking it shattered.
General manager Lesley Garner says: “I’m pleased to say the Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre main swimming pool reopened at 4.30pm on Monday, July 9 following its closure while a panel of shattered glass overlooking the pool was removed and replaced with a temporary panel.
“Our lessons, clubs, lane and leisure swimming timetable resumed from that time and our customers were made aware earlier to enable them to enjoy their session as usual.
“I would like to thank our customers and visitors for their patience and understanding as we kept the pool closed to ensure safety while undergoing the repair work.
“Many people enjoyed alternative swimming arrangements at our neighbouring Everyone Active pools at Hemel, Watford Central and Watford Woodside, which was good to see.”
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Enjoy Christmas carols with ukuleles and a brass band in St Albans park
- 5 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 6 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
- 8 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 9 When to see The Geminids - one of the best meteor showers of the year
- 10 Omicron variant: Confirmed case in Hertfordshire says health boss Jim McManus