St Albans pool reopens after glass panel replaced
- Credit: Archant
The larger of the two pools at Westminster Lodge has reopened today.
The pool had closed on Friday after a glass panel overlooking it shattered.
General manager Lesley Garner says: “I’m pleased to say the Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre main swimming pool reopened at 4.30pm on Monday, July 9 following its closure while a panel of shattered glass overlooking the pool was removed and replaced with a temporary panel.
“Our lessons, clubs, lane and leisure swimming timetable resumed from that time and our customers were made aware earlier to enable them to enjoy their session as usual.
“I would like to thank our customers and visitors for their patience and understanding as we kept the pool closed to ensure safety while undergoing the repair work.
You may also want to watch:
“Many people enjoyed alternative swimming arrangements at our neighbouring Everyone Active pools at Hemel, Watford Central and Watford Woodside, which was good to see.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 6 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 7 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 10 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden