St Albans Polo club charity event raises thousands for Help the Heroes
FALKLANDS war veteran Simon Weston has been presented with a cheque for nearly �18,000 following a charity event held in St Albans during the summer.
St Albans Polo Club hosted Polo for Heroes to raise money for Help for Heroes, the charity that supports members of Britain’s Armed Forces wounded while serving their country
It featured polo matches involving celebrity and forces teams while TV chef Tristan Welch helped prepare food for the crowds.
Simon was presented with the cheque by Clare Dingwall who helped organise Polo for Heroes together with Tristan and former boxing world champion Steve Collins.
Polo fanatic Clare came up with the idea when she met Tristan, head chef at London’s Launceston Place Restaurant, and fellow polo fan and ex-world middleweight and super middleweight boxing champion Steve at a Chefs for Heroes fundraiser last year.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “Polo for Heroes was a fantastic success thanks to the help we received from so many people – and it was a privilege to present the cheque to Simon.”
Another Polo for Heroes event is planned in St Albans on Saturday, July 23, next year. More information can be found at www.poloforheroes.co.uk
- 1 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 2 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 3 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
- 4 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 5 Harpenden couple donate vital equipment for maternity ward
- 6 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 7 6 of the best places to hot tub in and around Hertfordshire
- 8 Harpenden card cloning suspects arrested
- 9 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 10 A New York state of mind