St Albans: Police release CCTV footage of missing Alan Spray
HERTS Police have released CCTV footage of an elderly Alzheimer’s suffer, who has been missing for more than a week, as part of continuing efforts to trace him.
Alan Spray, 73, had gone to work with his wife at a nursing home on Verulam Road, in St Albans, when he went missing on Saturday July 30.
The CCTV footage is taken from the Total garage on Verulam Road, at around 8.10pm. This is the last confirmed sighting of Alan.
He is described as white, approximately 5ft 9ins tall, is balding on top with grey hair to the side and wears light reactive glasses. He was described as wearing a brown and blue checked, short sleeve shirt and brown/grey trousers. He may be carrying a book.
Detective Inspector Simon Warwick said: “It is now over a week since Alan was last seen and whilst we remain hopeful he will be found safe and well, understandably concerns for his welfare are increasing.
You may also want to watch:
“We have received overwhelming support from the media and members of the public and I would like to thank everyone for their assistance. I am hoping this CCTV may jog people’s memories further and would ask anyone who was in the area at the time who hasn’t been in contact with police to call if they have any information.”
Anyone who has seen Alan is asked to contact the police immediately via the non-emergency number 101.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 6 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans