St Albans podcast up for award
- Credit: Archant
A LOCALLY produced podcast has been nominated for a European Podcast Award.
4am Cab is a dark comedy radio show created by Lee Wilson and Rachel Wheeler, both of whom have extensive broadcasting experience.
Their show is inspired by the Radio 4 programme News Jack which they have both written for, but Lee said: “We are quite different to anything else you hear on the radio.”
He added that as the show has an open door policy, it’s a great opportunity for people to write their own material which can be as “silly” or “surreal” as you want.
The 4am Cab team is currently made up of nine different writers and 15 actors, with ages ranging from 20 to 40, and they are always looking for more contributers.
You may also want to watch:
UK ambassador for the podcast awards Dave Thackeray said of the show: “Comedy drama, pro production values – wouldn’t be out of place on the Beeb.”
Recording takes place in and around the city, with the stars of the show often pitching up their recording equipment at the Alban Arena.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 Food, glorious food! Tom Kerridge's tasty menus announced for Alfresco Diner in St Albans
- 7 Doors opening again for Harpenden retailers on April 12
- 8 Shop Local: Mums team up for pop-up opening on April 12
- 9 Hundreds of Herts health workers decline COVID-19 vaccines
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building
Voting for the awards is open until mid-January and the winner will be announced in March. To vote for the podcast and listen visit http://www.european-podcast-award.eu/