St Albans podcast up for award
- Credit: Archant
A LOCALLY produced podcast has been nominated for a European Podcast Award.
4am Cab is a dark comedy radio show created by Lee Wilson and Rachel Wheeler, both of whom have extensive broadcasting experience.
Their show is inspired by the Radio 4 programme News Jack which they have both written for, but Lee said: “We are quite different to anything else you hear on the radio.”
He added that as the show has an open door policy, it’s a great opportunity for people to write their own material which can be as “silly” or “surreal” as you want.
The 4am Cab team is currently made up of nine different writers and 15 actors, with ages ranging from 20 to 40, and they are always looking for more contributers.
You may also want to watch:
UK ambassador for the podcast awards Dave Thackeray said of the show: “Comedy drama, pro production values – wouldn’t be out of place on the Beeb.”
Recording takes place in and around the city, with the stars of the show often pitching up their recording equipment at the Alban Arena.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 5 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 6 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 7 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 8 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold
- 9 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area
Voting for the awards is open until mid-January and the winner will be announced in March. To vote for the podcast and listen visit http://www.european-podcast-award.eu/