St Albans podcast up for award
- Credit: Archant
A LOCALLY produced podcast has been nominated for a European Podcast Award.
4am Cab is a dark comedy radio show created by Lee Wilson and Rachel Wheeler, both of whom have extensive broadcasting experience.
Their show is inspired by the Radio 4 programme News Jack which they have both written for, but Lee said: “We are quite different to anything else you hear on the radio.”
He added that as the show has an open door policy, it’s a great opportunity for people to write their own material which can be as “silly” or “surreal” as you want.
The 4am Cab team is currently made up of nine different writers and 15 actors, with ages ranging from 20 to 40, and they are always looking for more contributers.
You may also want to watch:
UK ambassador for the podcast awards Dave Thackeray said of the show: “Comedy drama, pro production values – wouldn’t be out of place on the Beeb.”
Recording takes place in and around the city, with the stars of the show often pitching up their recording equipment at the Alban Arena.
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 4 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 Driver disqualified after St Albans crash
Voting for the awards is open until mid-January and the winner will be announced in March. To vote for the podcast and listen visit http://www.european-podcast-award.eu/