St Albans Podcast: St Albans church working hard on various charity projects in community
- Credit: Archant
Find out all about various charity projects organised by a St Albans church on the next episode of the St Albans Podcast.
Local broadcaster and host Danny Smith is joined by Yvonne and Sarah from The Vineyard Church's Care Centre to talk about its initiatives in the community.
These include a food bank called Feed, a service to provide children's clothes and meals named Kit and Refuel respectively, a debt and family lawyer service coined Equip, and a community cinema for the elderly called Flicks.
Danny will also welcome Herts Ad food critic Becky Alexander to take a look at the local food and drink scene and Hot Topic aficionados Sam Rolfe and Margie Skinner.
The Hot Topic is a fresh weird and wonderful news story from around the globe each week.
You may also want to watch:
This episode will also feature Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry for the final time. Since January 2018, she and Danny have discussed the local news each week.
Danny said: "Franki is moving on to pastures new and we wish her every success for the future - she will be sorely missed."
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
St Albans Podcast launched in conjunction with the Herts Ad earlier this year.
The episode will be available from September 25 at 7pm.
Find out more about The Vineyard Church's Care Centre at www.thevineyardchurch.co.uk/compassion