St Albans Podcast: St Albans church working hard on various charity projects in community
- Credit: Archant
Find out all about various charity projects organised by a St Albans church on the next episode of the St Albans Podcast.
Local broadcaster and host Danny Smith is joined by Yvonne and Sarah from The Vineyard Church's Care Centre to talk about its initiatives in the community.
These include a food bank called Feed, a service to provide children's clothes and meals named Kit and Refuel respectively, a debt and family lawyer service coined Equip, and a community cinema for the elderly called Flicks.
Danny will also welcome Herts Ad food critic Becky Alexander to take a look at the local food and drink scene and Hot Topic aficionados Sam Rolfe and Margie Skinner.
The Hot Topic is a fresh weird and wonderful news story from around the globe each week.
You may also want to watch:
This episode will also feature Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry for the final time. Since January 2018, she and Danny have discussed the local news each week.
Danny said: "Franki is moving on to pastures new and we wish her every success for the future - she will be sorely missed."
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
St Albans Podcast launched in conjunction with the Herts Ad earlier this year.
The episode will be available from September 25 at 7pm.
Find out more about The Vineyard Church's Care Centre at www.thevineyardchurch.co.uk/compassion