St Albans Podcast broadcaster raises awareness on national radio
- Credit: Archant
A well-known St Albans broadcaster appeared on national radio to spread the word about his local podcast.
Danny Smith was asked to join presenter Simon Mayo on Scala Radio to talk about the St Albans Podcast, which launched last month in conjunction with the Herts Ad.
It is a weekly podcast focused on delivering news and insights for and about the local area.
Danny was named Captain Scala for April 24 - a punny-title acknowledging one hard-worker each day.
He said: "I have been involved in local voluntary broadcasting for quite a long time but I really felt there was a gap in St Albans and felt we needed to do something to give local organisations, non-profit groups, charities and things like that, a chance to be able to tell everyone about what they do."
You may also want to watch:
Danny added how amazed he was at the number of local charitable groups in a relatively small city like St Albans.
- 1 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 2 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 3 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 4 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 5 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 8 Pupils pause to play at St Albans primary school
- 9 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 10 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor