St Albans Podcast broadcaster raises awareness on national radio
- Credit: Archant
A well-known St Albans broadcaster appeared on national radio to spread the word about his local podcast.
Danny Smith was asked to join presenter Simon Mayo on Scala Radio to talk about the St Albans Podcast, which launched last month in conjunction with the Herts Ad.
It is a weekly podcast focused on delivering news and insights for and about the local area.
Danny was named Captain Scala for April 24 - a punny-title acknowledging one hard-worker each day.
He said: "I have been involved in local voluntary broadcasting for quite a long time but I really felt there was a gap in St Albans and felt we needed to do something to give local organisations, non-profit groups, charities and things like that, a chance to be able to tell everyone about what they do."
You may also want to watch:
Danny added how amazed he was at the number of local charitable groups in a relatively small city like St Albans.
- 1 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 2 Campaign to save Harpenden pub which teamed up with Wheathampstead Indian restaurant
- 3 11 of the prettiest streets in St Albans
- 4 Former Coventry City junior Joe Newton has eyes on a return to the professional game
- 5 Man in his 80s dies after collision between lorry and mobility scooter
- 6 Remembering one of Hertfordshire's best-known estate agents
- 7 City centre road closures are blocking ambulances, meeting hears
- 8 St Albans Charter Market meeting to be held in public
- 9 Nightmare return for Joe Newton as own-goal gives St Albans City victory over Havant
- 10 St Albans City over bad start says Chris Winton as improved results and performances continue against Havant