St Albans Podcast: Find out about 10th annual festival in tribute to entrepreneur
- Credit: Archant
On the next episode of the St Albans Podcast listeners can find out about a tribute festival for a St Albans man who died in a snowboarding accident.
Host Danny Smith is talking to festival organisers Elouise and Eleanor about the event's 10th anniversary.
It was set up by Rob Williams's friends to celebrate his two passions, music and sport, after he died aged 29.
The successful entrepreneur fell down a mountain during a snowboarding trip to Verbier in Switzerland.
Rob's Festival will be held at Beaumont, his former secondary school, and will offer live music, sporting events, stalls, and activities.
You may also want to watch:
It has raised more than £50,000 for The Prince's Trust since it was established.
The event will take place on June 22 at Beaumont School from 12pm to 6.30pm.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 3 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for St Albans and Welwyn Hatfield area
- 7 7 top tourist attractions to visit in Hertfordshire during the summer holidays
- 8 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
- 9 Harpenden's first Sustainable Market is a scorching success
- 10 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
Also speaking to Danny this week is Trevor Merriden from the Garden Fields Cricket Club - also known as Men of Fields.
This will be the third time that the sporty dads of pupils at Garden Fields Primary School undertake a large charitable walk together - this time they are striding 85 miles along a prehistoric herdsmen's route.
Men of Fields have raised more than £60,000 to date for Rennie Grove Hospice Care and The Hospice of St Francis.
Regular features of the St Albans Podcast will be returning, including a Hot Topic with producer Sam Rolfe and local stalwart Ian Rogers.
This is a light-hearted look at a news story from somewhere around the globe.
Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry will also be talking to Danny about three of the biggest news stories from the district.
To find out more about Rob's Festival, visit www.beaumontschool.com/robs-festivalDonate to the Men of Fields at uk.virginmoneygiving.com/Team/MenofFieldsThe St Albans Podcast was launched in conjunction with the Herts Ad earlier this year. The next episode is available tonight (June 19) at 7pm.