St Albans Podcast: St Albans Film Festival just around the corner
- Credit: Archant
The curtain will soon be raised on this year’s St Albans Film Festival.
For this week's St Albans Podcast, community broadcaster Danny Smith gets the lowdown on the two week 2019 event programme from festival director Matt Bigg.
It is the sixth time this festival has come to St Albans, which has a rich filmmaking history - it is the birthplace of Arthur Melbourne-Cooper and second home to Stanley Kubrick.
Danny will also be welcoming Michael Labrum to the podcast team, interviewing him for the first of his regular legal advice features.
Michael is the founder of law firm Labrums, which has been trading from St Albans since 1990. He will join Danny on the first Wednesday of every month.
You may also want to watch:
On top of this, the regular features will make a reappearance. Listeners can tune in to hear the weird and wonderful news snippet called Hot Topic with podcast producer Sam Rolfe and local stalwart Ian Rogers and local news round-up with Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry.
St Albans Podcast was launched in conjunction with the Herts Ad earlier this year. The next episode is available from June 5 at 7pm.
St Albans Film Festival takes place from June 25 to July 7. Find out more at www.stalbansfilmfestival.com
- 1 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 2 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 3 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 4 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 5 Area Guide: The affluent Hertfordshire town of Harpenden
- 6 Police urged to increase patrols in Verulamium Park following gang attack
- 7 From Bethlehem to Nazareth - St Albans walkers' pilgrimage fundraiser
- 8 Harpenden man charged after journalist chased through Whitehall
- 9 Could Aldi be coming to Harpenden?
- 10 Verulamium splash park closed unexpectedly