St Albans Podcast: St Albans Film Festival just around the corner
- Credit: Archant
The curtain will soon be raised on this year’s St Albans Film Festival.
For this week's St Albans Podcast, community broadcaster Danny Smith gets the lowdown on the two week 2019 event programme from festival director Matt Bigg.
It is the sixth time this festival has come to St Albans, which has a rich filmmaking history - it is the birthplace of Arthur Melbourne-Cooper and second home to Stanley Kubrick.
Danny will also be welcoming Michael Labrum to the podcast team, interviewing him for the first of his regular legal advice features.
Michael is the founder of law firm Labrums, which has been trading from St Albans since 1990. He will join Danny on the first Wednesday of every month.
You may also want to watch:
On top of this, the regular features will make a reappearance. Listeners can tune in to hear the weird and wonderful news snippet called Hot Topic with podcast producer Sam Rolfe and local stalwart Ian Rogers and local news round-up with Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry.
St Albans Podcast was launched in conjunction with the Herts Ad earlier this year. The next episode is available from June 5 at 7pm.
St Albans Film Festival takes place from June 25 to July 7. Find out more at www.stalbansfilmfestival.com
- 1 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 2 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 3 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 4 Shortages crisis hits district
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Magic Johnson keeps St Albans City in the FA Cup at Concord Rangers
- 7 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
- 8 Help reunite toy milk jug with new owner
- 9 St Albans Food and Drink Festival returns at last!
- 10 St Albans activist joins protest blocking M25