St Albans Podcast: Local legal expert on controversial outcome of cycling collision case
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who knocked over a pedestrian while she was looking at her phone and crossing a London road has been ordered to pay £100,000 in court costs and compensation.
Find out more about this case in the latest episode of the St Albans Podcast, hosted by community broadcaster Danny Smith.
St Albans legal expert Michael Labrum, from Labrums Solicitors, discusses the case's outcome and the judge's ruling with Danny. Local author Howard Linskey will also be on the show to speak about his latest book, a World War Two spy thriller called Ungentlemanly Warfare which came out on the anniversary of D-Day, June 6.
Taking a light-hearted look at a news item from around the globe, St Albans Podcast producer Sam Rolfe and local resident Ian Rogers also appear for their weekly Hot Topic segment.
Additionally, Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry returns with the biggest stories from St Albans district.
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans Podcast was launched in April in conjunction with the Herts Ad, to deliver local news and insights.
The next episode is available from Wednesday July 3 at 7pm.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 3 Green light given to new hospital project
- 4 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 5 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 6 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 Why has it taken so long for Young's to open St Albans pub?
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Harpenden's Olympic hero watches daughter win gold