St Albans Podcast: Local legal expert on controversial outcome of cycling collision case
- Credit: Archant
A cyclist who knocked over a pedestrian while she was looking at her phone and crossing a London road has been ordered to pay £100,000 in court costs and compensation.
Find out more about this case in the latest episode of the St Albans Podcast, hosted by community broadcaster Danny Smith.
St Albans legal expert Michael Labrum, from Labrums Solicitors, discusses the case's outcome and the judge's ruling with Danny. Local author Howard Linskey will also be on the show to speak about his latest book, a World War Two spy thriller called Ungentlemanly Warfare which came out on the anniversary of D-Day, June 6.
Taking a light-hearted look at a news item from around the globe, St Albans Podcast producer Sam Rolfe and local resident Ian Rogers also appear for their weekly Hot Topic segment.
Additionally, Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry returns with the biggest stories from St Albans district.
You may also want to watch:
The St Albans Podcast was launched in April in conjunction with the Herts Ad, to deliver local news and insights.
The next episode is available from Wednesday July 3 at 7pm.
- 1 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 2 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 3 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 4 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 5 Oaklands College principal leaving after 10 years
- 6 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 7 Charity for older people has busiest year ever during pandemic
- 8 Number of COVID patients in Herts hospitals falls slightly
- 9 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 10 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?