St Albans Podcast: Entrepreneur discusses penning chapter of collaborative book
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans entrepreneur, who has written about her traumatic past in a collaborative charity book, will feature on the St Albans Podcast this week.
Angela Peart is one of 12 women to pen a chapter of When She Rises, a book about women overcoming pain and adversity to live their dreams.
Podcast host Danny Smith learns more about the book, which is raising money for charity One Woman at a Time.
He is also joined by theatre correspondent and chair of OVO theatre company, David Widdowson.
David, who also manages the Maltings Arts Theatre, will share with listeners everything that is happening on the local theatre scene.
Kicking off the whole episode is Herts Ad reporter Franki Berry, who goes through a selection of local news stories.
This complements the podcast's weekly Hot Topic - a weird and wonderful news story from around the world which is sourced by podcast producer Sam Rolfe and local stalwart Ian Rogers.
- 1 Former Harpenden primary school teacher jailed for 138 years
- 2 Man seen walking 'naked from waist down' in Harpenden
- 3 Elderly woman chased knife-wielding stranger from her bedroom
- 4 US star George Clooney spotted directing new film in Hertfordshire
- 5 Taxi stopped with ‘tyre below legal tread depth’ on A41
- 6 St Albans skatepark inviting newcomers to join community
- 7 Armed police seize machete from Sandpit Lane in St Albans
- 8 Police probe into death of man in 20s at 'Kinky Towers' in Hertfordshire
- 9 Council confirms first monkeypox case in Hertfordshire
- 10 Rapist jailed for 15 years after kidnapping teen in Hemel Hempstead
The episode is available from 7pm today (July 10).
Find out more about One Woman at a Time at www.onewomanatatime.co.uk