St Albans play areas set to reopen tomorrow
- Credit: Archant
Play areas in St Albans are set to reopen tomorrow, along with pubs, restaurants and hairdressers following a government announcement last month.
St Albans City and District Council has posted on its website to inform parents that children’s play areas will begin to open from Saturday, July 4.
It said: “In line with government advice we will start reopening all play areas owned by SADC on Saturday We are aiming to have all sites reopened by Monday, July 6.
“Advice when visiting our play areas – follow the current social distance guidelines when visiting and encourage your children to do the same. If the playground is busy, consider coming back at a later time. Talk to your children about this possibility before visiting.
“Wash your and your children’s hands before and after visiting. Take hand sanitiser with you and consider taking a bottle of water for if your children’s hands get covered in mud. Ensure your children are using hand sanitiser frequently.
You may also want to watch:
“Follow and adhere to all current government advice in addition to the above guidance.
“Please check with your Town or Parish Council regarding the status of the play facilities managed by them.”
- 1 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 2 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 3 Do you remember when The Inbetweeners came to St Albans?
- 4 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 5 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 8 St Albans barber and landlord hit by Covid closures due to 'pingdemic'
- 9 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions
- 10 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
On the other hand, Harpenden Town Council took to Facebook today to remind people that its play areas remain closed.
It said: “Harpenden Town Council’s play areas currently remain closed, but we are working through government guidance and hope to reopen our play areas in the near future.”