St Albans planning chief to step down
ST ALBANS’ planning chief is leaving the district council to pursue her career in London.
Heather Cheesbrough, head of planning and building control at St Albans district council, is leaving after over two years at the local authority.
Daniel Goodwin, the council’s chief executive, confirmed that Heather had resigned to take up a role as assistant director of strategic planning, regeneration and economic development with the London borough of Hounslow in October.
He added: “We are very sorry to lose Heather who has been an instrumental force in leading the transformation work currently under way with our planning service, and I know Heather is sad to be leaving.
“However, we recognise that this promotion is a great opportunity for Heather who will be part of the senior management team driving through a major regeneration of Hounslow town centre, and we wish her well.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking to the future, we will be working hard to continue the work done by Heather to improve planning services in the district.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 4 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire