St Albans photography teacher hosts picture event for charity
- Credit: Archant
Shutterbugs at a picture perfect St Albans event raised a whooping £1,800 for charity while enhancing their camera skills and eating delicious food.
A St Albans photography teacher from Learn Digital Photo, Ann Kelly, ran workshops an event in the Bulthaup showroom on George Street, hosted by Clint Lawrence. It was in aid of Teens Fighting Cancer Unite and in memory to a local cancer victim, Harry-Krish Mootoosamy.
Donations from all purchases of Ann’s pictures also went to the charity.
A silent auction was also held, with prizes donated from Dylan’s The Old Kings Arms, Pinewood Studios and Gaggenau.
The event had sold-out within hours of going live, and the 45 attendees were treated to dishes prepared by a Gaggenau chef.
You may also want to watch:
Ferenc Zelenak, the owner of wine merchants Thirty Nine 10, also donated welcome prosecco for guests and ran a charity bar.
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 St Albans school teacher recognised with national award
- 3 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 4 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 5 Home-owners' frustration over lack of action to tackle street flooding
- 6 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 7 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 8 Market gazebo trial delayed as council admits it cannot fund scheme
- 9 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 10 St Albans house prices hit record high