St Albans photography teacher hosts picture event for charity
- Credit: Archant
Shutterbugs at a picture perfect St Albans event raised a whooping £1,800 for charity while enhancing their camera skills and eating delicious food.
A St Albans photography teacher from Learn Digital Photo, Ann Kelly, ran workshops an event in the Bulthaup showroom on George Street, hosted by Clint Lawrence. It was in aid of Teens Fighting Cancer Unite and in memory to a local cancer victim, Harry-Krish Mootoosamy.
Donations from all purchases of Ann’s pictures also went to the charity.
A silent auction was also held, with prizes donated from Dylan’s The Old Kings Arms, Pinewood Studios and Gaggenau.
The event had sold-out within hours of going live, and the 45 attendees were treated to dishes prepared by a Gaggenau chef.
You may also want to watch:
Ferenc Zelenak, the owner of wine merchants Thirty Nine 10, also donated welcome prosecco for guests and ran a charity bar.
- 1 Affordable housing block given green light for garage site
- 2 St Albans Fireworks Spectacular returns to Verulamium Park for 2021 display
- 3 Police refuse to prosecute over Smallford Pits destruction
- 4 14 of the best places for a curry in Hertfordshire according to readers
- 5 St Albans Feastival proves highlight of food and drink celebration
- 6 Drivers seriously injured after crash at Wheathampstead junction
- 7 Lib Dems: City centre road closures are blighting neighbourhoods
- 8 St Albans MP Daisy Cooper condemns government for fuel crisis
- 9 'It could have been fatal' - Tractor trailer overturns at London Colney
- 10 Property Spotlight: An Edwardian detached family home in central St Albans