St Albans photographer snaps three national awards
- Credit: Archant
A family photographer from the city has snapped up three national accolades at one of the UK’s leading photography competitions.
Stephanie Belton from St Albans who specialises in baby, children and family photography, earned third place in the Top Ten People Photographer of the Year category and was runner up for the Image of the Year Award - in both the members’ and judges’ choices - at the Guild of Professional Photographers Awards.
She has been working in and around St Albans, Harpenden and Wheathampstead since 2005 and runs beginner photography courses in St Albans for those who want to learn to how to use DSLR cameras.
She said: “I am absolutely thrilled and would like to thank both the Guild and my customers for their amazing support throughout the past year.
“The competition has been such a roller coaster ride; my friend Nina, also a photographer, and I have really been pushing each other, even though we are technically competitors.
“Our styles are very different and both benefit hugely from helping each other out.
“I actually met Nina back in 2011 when she took part in my photography course in St Albans so I am especially proud to see how well she has done!”
- 1 So why WAS police helicopter flying over St Albans last week?
- 2 Who was the witch of St Albans?
- 3 Frustration and anger over St Albans school's change to hairstyle and uniform policy
- 4 Staying silent: the tight-lipped MP who refuses to answer controversial questions
- 5 Wholefoods shop relocates to offer wider range of produce
- 6 St Albans named best in the UK for recycling
- 7 More harsh truths in the St Albans City dressing room as mistakes cost them at Chippenham
- 8 Landowners advised to step up security following spike in fly-tipping across Hertfordshire
- 9 10 filming locations of new Netflix series Stay Close
- 10 Controversial plans to build quarry in Hatfield scrapped
Steve Thirsk, the guild’s director, said: “In her first year of joining the Guild, Stephanie Belton has steamrolled through the competition.
“She has also been awarded a place in our ‘Photographers Bar’ a unique distinction that very few photographers have received.”