St Albans photographer snaps three national awards
- Credit: Archant
A family photographer from the city has snapped up three national accolades at one of the UK’s leading photography competitions.
Stephanie Belton from St Albans who specialises in baby, children and family photography, earned third place in the Top Ten People Photographer of the Year category and was runner up for the Image of the Year Award - in both the members’ and judges’ choices - at the Guild of Professional Photographers Awards.
She has been working in and around St Albans, Harpenden and Wheathampstead since 2005 and runs beginner photography courses in St Albans for those who want to learn to how to use DSLR cameras.
She said: “I am absolutely thrilled and would like to thank both the Guild and my customers for their amazing support throughout the past year.
“The competition has been such a roller coaster ride; my friend Nina, also a photographer, and I have really been pushing each other, even though we are technically competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“Our styles are very different and both benefit hugely from helping each other out.
“I actually met Nina back in 2011 when she took part in my photography course in St Albans so I am especially proud to see how well she has done!”
- 1 Major snack brands relocate to St Albans from London
- 2 Herts county council admits too much rubbish means recycling being dumped in landfill
- 3 Council loses appeal over St Peter's Street development scheme
- 4 St Albans house prices hit record high
- 5 Nothing to hide! How I became a convert to naturism
- 6 11 things you might not know about St Albans' new Mayor
- 7 Hertfordshire's most expensive homes 2020
- 8 650 homes proposed for Harpenden golf club site
- 9 100 homes approved at appeal for Green Belt land
- 10 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's sought after East Common
Steve Thirsk, the guild’s director, said: “In her first year of joining the Guild, Stephanie Belton has steamrolled through the competition.
“She has also been awarded a place in our ‘Photographers Bar’ a unique distinction that very few photographers have received.”