St Albans photographer snaps three national awards
- Credit: Archant
A family photographer from the city has snapped up three national accolades at one of the UK’s leading photography competitions.
Stephanie Belton from St Albans who specialises in baby, children and family photography, earned third place in the Top Ten People Photographer of the Year category and was runner up for the Image of the Year Award - in both the members’ and judges’ choices - at the Guild of Professional Photographers Awards.
She has been working in and around St Albans, Harpenden and Wheathampstead since 2005 and runs beginner photography courses in St Albans for those who want to learn to how to use DSLR cameras.
She said: “I am absolutely thrilled and would like to thank both the Guild and my customers for their amazing support throughout the past year.
“The competition has been such a roller coaster ride; my friend Nina, also a photographer, and I have really been pushing each other, even though we are technically competitors.
You may also want to watch:
“Our styles are very different and both benefit hugely from helping each other out.
“I actually met Nina back in 2011 when she took part in my photography course in St Albans so I am especially proud to see how well she has done!”
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 St Albans Band Aid raises £2,200 for local charities
- 3 Traffic chaos caused by Redbourn Road works
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most expensive villages
- 5 National Hospitality Day: 'Per Tutti means everyone is welcome'
- 6 Historic England asks: 'What do you love about your local high street?'
- 7 Honey to the bee - hiving off new flavours for local gin
- 8 Mission success for Three Peaks Challenge team
- 9 Farewell Paddington! Time for St Albans stalwart to say his goodbyes
- 10 St Albans mum tells son's story in new book
Steve Thirsk, the guild’s director, said: “In her first year of joining the Guild, Stephanie Belton has steamrolled through the competition.
“She has also been awarded a place in our ‘Photographers Bar’ a unique distinction that very few photographers have received.”