St Albans photographer reaches final of international competiton
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans photographer has reached the final of the Guild of Photographers Image of the Year competition.
Annie Griggs, who lives in St Albans and runs a photography studio in Redbourn, is a finalist in the competition, which is judged by internationally-renowned judges and offers awards for the best entries.
Out of more than 13,500 entries, just 10 are selected to go through to the final, with Annie's photograph selected for the 'baby and toddler' category.
She said: "To have one of my images shortlisted for the overall final from the many thousands submitted across the year is really exciting.
"I love photography and invest heavily to develop my skills so my clients get the very best when they have a photoshoot with me. I am so grateful to the Guild of Photographers for this amazing recognition."
You may also want to watch:
The result will be announced in a ceremony in Cheshire on February 1.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Schools across Herts miss out on £1.9 million of free school meal funding