St Albans photographer reaches final of international competiton
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans photographer has reached the final of the Guild of Photographers Image of the Year competition.
Annie Griggs, who lives in St Albans and runs a photography studio in Redbourn, is a finalist in the competition, which is judged by internationally-renowned judges and offers awards for the best entries.
Out of more than 13,500 entries, just 10 are selected to go through to the final, with Annie's photograph selected for the 'baby and toddler' category.
She said: "To have one of my images shortlisted for the overall final from the many thousands submitted across the year is really exciting.
"I love photography and invest heavily to develop my skills so my clients get the very best when they have a photoshoot with me. I am so grateful to the Guild of Photographers for this amazing recognition."
You may also want to watch:
The result will be announced in a ceremony in Cheshire on February 1.
- 1 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 2 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 3 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 4 Harpenden St George's and Old Albanian well represented in England's Six Nations squad
- 5 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 6 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 7 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 8 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 9 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 10 County council offices could be sold off or leased in part