St Albans personal trainer needs your votes to win national award
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans personal trainer and the leisure centre where she works have both been shortlisted for a prestigious fitness award.
PT Jo Hancock is in with a chance of winning Physical Activity Champion of the Year alongside Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, which is up for Regional Gym of the Year (South), at the ukactive Active Uprising Awards.
Previously Jo worked in events management, but she changed careers after her father died of prostrate cancer in 2011.
Losing weight and getting fit, Jo has been a successful PT at Westminster Lodge since she qualified in 2015.
She has worked with a range of clients, from 14 to 85-year-olds, military personnel to new gymmers, and expectant mothers to first time marathon runners.
You may also want to watch:
Jo’s clients also include people with PTSD, anxiety, and cancer.
The title is awarded based on a public vote, which will end on May 15.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 5 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 8 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests
Westminster Lodge is run by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans district council.
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: “It is fantastic for us to reach the final stage in these two categories, both of which we know will be highly competitive.
“The Active Uprising Awards are held in very high regard by the industry and I would like to thank my dedicated and hard-working team for helping us reach the final.
“I would also like to congratulate Jo on her shortlisting and urge everyone to vote for her.
“Anyone who has met or worked with Jo wil know her commitment, enthusiasm, and genuine care is second to none and we would love to bring one or two trophies back to St Albans in June.”
To win its category, the Westminster Lodge team has to give a presentation to a panel of judges, undergo an intensive interview, and be visited by an unannounced ‘mystery shopper’ in the next few weeks.
The ukactive Active Uprising Awards recognise the very best in the leisure and fitness industry and will be held on June 6 in Manchester.
Vote for Jo at www.ukactive.com/ukactive-awards-physical-activity-champion/