St Albans swimmers raise £5,500 for national cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Tireless St Albans swimmers have raised over £5,500 for national cancer charities.
Swimmers at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, operated by Everyone Active, participated in The Swimathon 2019, the world's biggest charity swim.
Across its network of 100 pools, Everyone Active raised £177,966 for Cancer Research and Marie Curie.
This has contributed to a total of over £2 million raised nationwide.
Swimmers took part in individual challenges including the Triple 5K, which is a new challenge for 2019, and participated in team distances of 1.5K or 5K.
You may also want to watch:
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: "All the swimmers who took to the water were inspiring to watch.
"I would like to congratulate everyone who trained so hard beforehand to complete their challenge.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 7 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 8 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 9 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 10 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
"They should be very proud of their achievements and in raising an incredible amount of money for two wonderful and important charities."