St Albans swimmers raise £5,500 for national cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Tireless St Albans swimmers have raised over £5,500 for national cancer charities.
Swimmers at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, operated by Everyone Active, participated in The Swimathon 2019, the world's biggest charity swim.
Across its network of 100 pools, Everyone Active raised £177,966 for Cancer Research and Marie Curie.
This has contributed to a total of over £2 million raised nationwide.
Swimmers took part in individual challenges including the Triple 5K, which is a new challenge for 2019, and participated in team distances of 1.5K or 5K.
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: "All the swimmers who took to the water were inspiring to watch.
"I would like to congratulate everyone who trained so hard beforehand to complete their challenge.
- 1 Katherine Ryan and Romesh Ranganathan spotted filming in St Albans
- 2 How the extent of cost of living crisis hit home at St Albans' CEX store
- 3 From Levi's to Leyton Road: Superstar fashionista for over 50s back on shop floor
- 4 Hertfordshire grandad who died in A6 Bugatti crash had a 'generous spirit'
- 5 Fire broke out at flats above row of shops in How Wood
- 6 Meet the artist behind The Queen's Platinum Jubilee mural in St Albans
- 7 BBC 5 Live football podcast recorded at 'Britain's oldest pub' in St Albans
- 8 Stalking Protection Order issued to Herts man after obsessive behaviour towards ex
- 9 Suspected loan sharks arrested in Hemel Hempstead
- 10 VOTE: Which is your favourite chip shop in all of Hertfordshire?
"They should be very proud of their achievements and in raising an incredible amount of money for two wonderful and important charities."