St Albans swimmers raise £5,500 for national cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
Tireless St Albans swimmers have raised over £5,500 for national cancer charities.
Swimmers at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre, operated by Everyone Active, participated in The Swimathon 2019, the world's biggest charity swim.
Across its network of 100 pools, Everyone Active raised £177,966 for Cancer Research and Marie Curie.
This has contributed to a total of over £2 million raised nationwide.
Swimmers took part in individual challenges including the Triple 5K, which is a new challenge for 2019, and participated in team distances of 1.5K or 5K.
Everyone Active general manager Lesley Garner said: "All the swimmers who took to the water were inspiring to watch.
"I would like to congratulate everyone who trained so hard beforehand to complete their challenge.
- 1 St Albans restaurant wins big in Curry Oscars
- 2 Sexual assault onboard train to Harpenden
- 3 Property Spotlight: A stunning pub conversion in central St Albans
- 4 Founding CAMRA pub is on the market
- 5 Rearranged waste and recycling bin collection dates for Christmas and January in St Albans
- 6 Boreham Wood 4-0 St Albans City: FA Cup fairy tale comes to an end for The Saints
- 7 Comment: Sad times as St Albans faces the loss of another pub
- 8 Gift shop's £20K donation to cancer charity
- 9 St Albans gang members jailed for running cannabis factory network
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Camp area of St Albans
"They should be very proud of their achievements and in raising an incredible amount of money for two wonderful and important charities."