St Albans Pancake Race winning team are flipping marvellous
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year s hotly-contested Pancake Day Race. Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year's hotly-contested Pancake Day Race.
Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first prize of a pan to Billy's Bar and Restaurant from Harpenden.
Last year's winners, the district council's planning department, thought they'd won for the third year running but were disqualified at the last minute for not stopping to flip their Claude's Creperie pancake.
A semi-finalist team from the Herts Partnership NHS Foundation Trust wore special t-shirts for the occasion, reminding spectators of the Time for Change Campaign which aims to bring an end to mental health discrimination.
You may also want to watch:
McDougalls home baking brand sponsored the event and shared recipes, topping ideas and coupons with the cheering spectators.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 5 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 9 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans