St Albans Pancake Race winning team are flipping marvellous
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year s hotly-contested Pancake Day Race. Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year's hotly-contested Pancake Day Race.
Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first prize of a pan to Billy's Bar and Restaurant from Harpenden.
Last year's winners, the district council's planning department, thought they'd won for the third year running but were disqualified at the last minute for not stopping to flip their Claude's Creperie pancake.
A semi-finalist team from the Herts Partnership NHS Foundation Trust wore special t-shirts for the occasion, reminding spectators of the Time for Change Campaign which aims to bring an end to mental health discrimination.
You may also want to watch:
McDougalls home baking brand sponsored the event and shared recipes, topping ideas and coupons with the cheering spectators.
- 1 There's no business like snow business in St Albans
- 2 Property Spotlight: A stunning period conversion in central St Albans
- 3 Rapid community COVID-19 testing launches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Community pharmacies now part of Herts COVID vaccination rollout
- 5 Herts covered in blanket of snow as flurries fell on Sunday
- 6 Footballers rally round with food drive amid pandemic
- 7 West Herts midwives to take to the skies in NHS charity skydive
- 8 Police swoop on organised gangs as part of major operation
- 9 Which Herts communities have seen the biggest rises and falls in COVID-19?
- 10 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament