St Albans Pancake Race winning team are flipping marvellous
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year s hotly-contested Pancake Day Race. Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year's hotly-contested Pancake Day Race.
Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first prize of a pan to Billy's Bar and Restaurant from Harpenden.
Last year's winners, the district council's planning department, thought they'd won for the third year running but were disqualified at the last minute for not stopping to flip their Claude's Creperie pancake.
A semi-finalist team from the Herts Partnership NHS Foundation Trust wore special t-shirts for the occasion, reminding spectators of the Time for Change Campaign which aims to bring an end to mental health discrimination.
You may also want to watch:
McDougalls home baking brand sponsored the event and shared recipes, topping ideas and coupons with the cheering spectators.
- 1 April 12: Your guide to what can open from Monday when COVID lockdown rules ease
- 2 Punch Taverns calls time on White Lion pub team
- 3 Quarter of tenants become owners at St Albans development
- 4 What are the district's best pub gardens to visit from April 12?
- 5 April 12: Rhino crash marks re-opening of Whipsnade Zoo
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 Drive-in cinema arriving at London Luton Airport
- 8 At last! St Albans is back in business as shops re-open
- 9 Colney Heath in line for promotion after FA decide to restructure non-league pyramid
- 10 Major redevelopment underway at St Albans office building