St Albans Pancake Race winning team are flipping marvellous
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year s hotly-contested Pancake Day Race. Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first
TEAMS of pancake enthusiasts headed to St Albans city centre on Tuesday for this year's hotly-contested Pancake Day Race.
Twenty teams picked up their frying pans for the annual Market Place race and Mayor of St Albans Cllr Bert Pawle presented the first prize of a pan to Billy's Bar and Restaurant from Harpenden.
Last year's winners, the district council's planning department, thought they'd won for the third year running but were disqualified at the last minute for not stopping to flip their Claude's Creperie pancake.
A semi-finalist team from the Herts Partnership NHS Foundation Trust wore special t-shirts for the occasion, reminding spectators of the Time for Change Campaign which aims to bring an end to mental health discrimination.
McDougalls home baking brand sponsored the event and shared recipes, topping ideas and coupons with the cheering spectators.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 'Risky' new plans to transform St Albans city centre for a post-pandemic world