Award-winning St Albans plumbing co-owner given Freedom of the City of London
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans-based director of a plumbing company has been given the Freedom of the City of London.
Anne Timpany, co-owner of On Tap Plumbers, has been admitted to Freedom of the City of London in The Worshipful Company of Plumbers.
She said: “This is very exciting for me. The Worshipful Company of Plumbers is one of the oldest liveries in existence and of course in the era in which it began the plumbing trade was highly-respected as people lived in such unhygienic and squalid conditions, especially if they were poor.
“My family back in New Zealand are delighted by this, and I’ll use my new status to pull rank with our plumbers and my husband!”
Anne attended a Freeman ceremony, where she read aloud the Declaration of a Freeman and signed the Register of Freemen.
You may also want to watch:
She can now drive sheep over London Bridge and carry a sword in public.
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 5 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 6 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 7 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved