Award-winning St Albans plumbing co-owner given Freedom of the City of London
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans-based director of a plumbing company has been given the Freedom of the City of London.
Anne Timpany, co-owner of On Tap Plumbers, has been admitted to Freedom of the City of London in The Worshipful Company of Plumbers.
She said: “This is very exciting for me. The Worshipful Company of Plumbers is one of the oldest liveries in existence and of course in the era in which it began the plumbing trade was highly-respected as people lived in such unhygienic and squalid conditions, especially if they were poor.
“My family back in New Zealand are delighted by this, and I’ll use my new status to pull rank with our plumbers and my husband!”
Anne attended a Freeman ceremony, where she read aloud the Declaration of a Freeman and signed the Register of Freemen.
You may also want to watch:
She can now drive sheep over London Bridge and carry a sword in public.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 5 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 6 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 7 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 Haunting music and ghostly maids - the dark streets of St Albans