Unleash your inner werewolf at St Albans film screening
- Credit: Archant
The Odyssey Cinema in St Albans is hosting a werewolf film screening in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire.
The university's Open Graves, Open Minds project, which explores representations of vampires and the supernatural in literature and other media, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
To launch the project's new book 'In the Company of Wolves: Wolves and Wild Children', the Odyssey Cinema is hosting a film screening of 'The Company of Wolves', which is based on fairy tale re-tellings by author Angela Carter.
The book focuses on the cultural significance of wolves and wild children and werewolves as portrayed in different media and genres.
The screening will take place on February 29. Following the film there will be a presentation by the book's authors Dr Sam George and Bill Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available on the Odyssey's website.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 5 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans