Unleash your inner werewolf at St Albans film screening
- Credit: Archant
The Odyssey Cinema in St Albans is hosting a werewolf film screening in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire.
The university's Open Graves, Open Minds project, which explores representations of vampires and the supernatural in literature and other media, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
To launch the project's new book 'In the Company of Wolves: Wolves and Wild Children', the Odyssey Cinema is hosting a film screening of 'The Company of Wolves', which is based on fairy tale re-tellings by author Angela Carter.
The book focuses on the cultural significance of wolves and wild children and werewolves as portrayed in different media and genres.
The screening will take place on February 29. Following the film there will be a presentation by the book's authors Dr Sam George and Bill Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available on the Odyssey's website.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 5 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 6 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers