Unleash your inner werewolf at St Albans film screening
- Credit: Archant
The Odyssey Cinema in St Albans is hosting a werewolf film screening in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire.
The university's Open Graves, Open Minds project, which explores representations of vampires and the supernatural in literature and other media, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
To launch the project's new book 'In the Company of Wolves: Wolves and Wild Children', the Odyssey Cinema is hosting a film screening of 'The Company of Wolves', which is based on fairy tale re-tellings by author Angela Carter.
The book focuses on the cultural significance of wolves and wild children and werewolves as portrayed in different media and genres.
The screening will take place on February 29. Following the film there will be a presentation by the book's authors Dr Sam George and Bill Hughes.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are available on the Odyssey's website.
- 1 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 4 Historic cobbles ripped up during pavement works in St Albans road
- 5 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 6 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 7 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside
- 8 Property Spotlight: A family home in Harpenden's upmarket Hatching Green
- 9 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 10 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?