Unleash your inner werewolf at St Albans film screening
- Credit: Archant
The Odyssey Cinema in St Albans is hosting a werewolf film screening in partnership with the University of Hertfordshire.
The university's Open Graves, Open Minds project, which explores representations of vampires and the supernatural in literature and other media, celebrates its 10th anniversary this year.
To launch the project's new book 'In the Company of Wolves: Wolves and Wild Children', the Odyssey Cinema is hosting a film screening of 'The Company of Wolves', which is based on fairy tale re-tellings by author Angela Carter.
The book focuses on the cultural significance of wolves and wild children and werewolves as portrayed in different media and genres.
The screening will take place on February 29. Following the film there will be a presentation by the book's authors Dr Sam George and Bill Hughes.
Tickets are available on the Odyssey's website.
- 1 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 7 Property Spotlight: See inside this stunning £2.1m period home in St Albans
- 8 Eight things we learned from the prime minister's briefing
- 9 Future of Harpenden Public Halls site revealed
- 10 'Risky' new plans to transform St Albans city centre for a post-pandemic world