St Albans’ Oaklands College Summer Fayre enjoyed by thousands
- Credit: Archant
Summer fun was enjoyed by thousands of visitors at an annual St Albans fayre.
There was lamb racing, a fun fair, craft and gift stalls, zorbing, donkey rides, hovercrafts, sports, music, and live performing arts on the main stage at Oaklands College’s Summer Fayre on Sunday.
Refreshments included food from all over the world and visitors could go and see the animals cared for by students at the college.
The newly appointed St Albans mayor, Cllr Mohammad Iqbal Zia, also joined the celebrations: “I had a fantastic time at Oaklands College’s annual Summer Fayre touring round all the fun activities laid on for the local community.
“It was enjoyable meeting the many students and staff at the college. I was very impressed with how they had worked together to organise entertaining events and wonderful stalls that showed off their skills to great effect.”
You may also want to watch:
Oaklands principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are really pleased people took the opportunity to have a fun day out. We are proud to open our doors so people can experience the college and the great facilities and staff we have.”
- 1 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 2 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 Our local wildlife needs your voice!
- 9 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 10 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match