St Albans’ Oaklands College Summer Fayre enjoyed by thousands
- Credit: Archant
Summer fun was enjoyed by thousands of visitors at an annual St Albans fayre.
There was lamb racing, a fun fair, craft and gift stalls, zorbing, donkey rides, hovercrafts, sports, music, and live performing arts on the main stage at Oaklands College’s Summer Fayre on Sunday.
Refreshments included food from all over the world and visitors could go and see the animals cared for by students at the college.
The newly appointed St Albans mayor, Cllr Mohammad Iqbal Zia, also joined the celebrations: “I had a fantastic time at Oaklands College’s annual Summer Fayre touring round all the fun activities laid on for the local community.
“It was enjoyable meeting the many students and staff at the college. I was very impressed with how they had worked together to organise entertaining events and wonderful stalls that showed off their skills to great effect.”
You may also want to watch:
Oaklands principal Zoe Hancock said: “We are really pleased people took the opportunity to have a fun day out. We are proud to open our doors so people can experience the college and the great facilities and staff we have.”
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder