St Albans nursing home appeals for postcards to help trigger residents’ memories
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursing home is appealing for people to send postcards to residents about their holidays.
The Orchard Nursing Home in Camp Road is asking holiday goers to write a postcard about what they have seen and done, to help residents recall their own holidays and promote positive feelings.
Anyone who is not away on holiday, or would like their child to do something different, is welcome to write a letter to residents at the nursing home, with a view to possibly starting a pen pal club.
The postcard idea was started by Sam Tyers, the engagement coordinator at Benslow Nursing Home in Hitchin, where the postcards are used for ‘reminisce therapy’, involving discussion of past activities with the aid of prompts.
The Orchard Nursing Home provides care for up to 63 residents.
You may also want to watch:
Postcards should be addressed to 129-135 Camp Road, St Albans, AL1 5HL.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 May 17th: Fighting Cocks landlord overjoyed to welcome customers back
- 3 Brave teenager pens book on eating disorder and mental health
- 4 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 5 St Albans' Caribbean community launches volcano relief fundraising campaign
- 6 Sustainable markets will top and tail annual St Albans eco-festival
- 7 May 17th: The Ivy in St Albans is ready to welcome back customers
- 8 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 9 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 10 Ver Valley walking group returns to enjoy the spring countryside