St Albans nursing home appeals for postcards to help trigger residents’ memories
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursing home is appealing for people to send postcards to residents about their holidays.
The Orchard Nursing Home in Camp Road is asking holiday goers to write a postcard about what they have seen and done, to help residents recall their own holidays and promote positive feelings.
Anyone who is not away on holiday, or would like their child to do something different, is welcome to write a letter to residents at the nursing home, with a view to possibly starting a pen pal club.
The postcard idea was started by Sam Tyers, the engagement coordinator at Benslow Nursing Home in Hitchin, where the postcards are used for ‘reminisce therapy’, involving discussion of past activities with the aid of prompts.
The Orchard Nursing Home provides care for up to 63 residents.
You may also want to watch:
Postcards should be addressed to 129-135 Camp Road, St Albans, AL1 5HL.
- 1 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 5 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 6 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 7 From supplying secret agents to headmaster's secretary, Patricia celebrates centenary
- 8 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 9 Urgent care upgrade at St Albans City Hospital moves ahead
- 10 The latest court results for the St Albans area