St Albans nursing home appeals for postcards to help trigger residents’ memories
- Credit: Archant
A St Albans nursing home is appealing for people to send postcards to residents about their holidays.
The Orchard Nursing Home in Camp Road is asking holiday goers to write a postcard about what they have seen and done, to help residents recall their own holidays and promote positive feelings.
Anyone who is not away on holiday, or would like their child to do something different, is welcome to write a letter to residents at the nursing home, with a view to possibly starting a pen pal club.
The postcard idea was started by Sam Tyers, the engagement coordinator at Benslow Nursing Home in Hitchin, where the postcards are used for ‘reminisce therapy’, involving discussion of past activities with the aid of prompts.
The Orchard Nursing Home provides care for up to 63 residents.
You may also want to watch:
Postcards should be addressed to 129-135 Camp Road, St Albans, AL1 5HL.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 5 Lost Morecambe & Wise episode to be screened on TV for first time in 50 years
- 6 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 7 'State-sanctioned abuse' - why the family court system is failing
- 8 Ticket holders need to provide their COVID status for entry to this year's Slam Dunk Festival in Hatfield
- 9 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 10 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans