St Albans nursery get baking for charity fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
Baked goods have helped a nursery raise money for a children’s bereavement charity.
St Albans Nursery and Montessori Pre-School, in Hatfield Road, hosted a range of events including a bake sale and a party which raised £112.
The pre-school, which is in partnership with Busy Bees nursery, has spent the year fundraising for Winston’s Wish - a leading childhood bereavement charity.
The childcare group has raised £53,000 in total for Winston’s Wish since January and a Christmas party is also on the cards to raise further funds.
Ramesh Assadi, nursery manager, said: “We’re very thankful that our parents are so supportive and have got behind the cause throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Winston’s Wish is a fantastic charity and no one person, especially a child, should have to suffer the loss of a family member or sibling in silence.
“For anyone unfortunate to suffer bereavement in their family, the vital support the charity provides can help rebuild lives.”
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 3 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 4 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 5 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 6 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 7 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
- 8 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 9 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted