St Albans nursery get baking for charity fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
Baked goods have helped a nursery raise money for a children’s bereavement charity.
St Albans Nursery and Montessori Pre-School, in Hatfield Road, hosted a range of events including a bake sale and a party which raised £112.
The pre-school, which is in partnership with Busy Bees nursery, has spent the year fundraising for Winston’s Wish - a leading childhood bereavement charity.
The childcare group has raised £53,000 in total for Winston’s Wish since January and a Christmas party is also on the cards to raise further funds.
Ramesh Assadi, nursery manager, said: “We’re very thankful that our parents are so supportive and have got behind the cause throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Winston’s Wish is a fantastic charity and no one person, especially a child, should have to suffer the loss of a family member or sibling in silence.
“For anyone unfortunate to suffer bereavement in their family, the vital support the charity provides can help rebuild lives.”
- 1 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 2 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 3 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 4 6 Oscar-winning movies filmed on location in Hertfordshire
- 5 Oaklands College being investigated for breach of planning over nursery closure
- 6 Bee inspired by new display at St Albans restaurant
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 9 From Hertfordshire to the Strictly dancefloor: 7 Strictly Come Dancing contestant from the county
- 10 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved