St Albans nursery get baking for charity fundraising event
- Credit: Archant
Baked goods have helped a nursery raise money for a children’s bereavement charity.
St Albans Nursery and Montessori Pre-School, in Hatfield Road, hosted a range of events including a bake sale and a party which raised £112.
The pre-school, which is in partnership with Busy Bees nursery, has spent the year fundraising for Winston’s Wish - a leading childhood bereavement charity.
The childcare group has raised £53,000 in total for Winston’s Wish since January and a Christmas party is also on the cards to raise further funds.
Ramesh Assadi, nursery manager, said: “We’re very thankful that our parents are so supportive and have got behind the cause throughout the year.
You may also want to watch:
“Winston’s Wish is a fantastic charity and no one person, especially a child, should have to suffer the loss of a family member or sibling in silence.
“For anyone unfortunate to suffer bereavement in their family, the vital support the charity provides can help rebuild lives.”
- 1 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 2 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 5 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 6 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 7 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 8 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 9 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
- 10 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared