St Albans nursery employees get cash boost for 2019
- Credit: Archant
Employees at a St Albans nursery have received a cash boost to kickstart 2019.
Every single staff member at Grasshoppers Day Nursery on York Road was given a £750 tax-free Dividend Payment this January.
This is to recognise them as all owners of the business under Childbase Partnership.
In celebration, the nursery nurses broke open a piñata of chocolate coins and spoke about what they intend to buy with the money.
Deputy manager Raelene Herd will treat her children to several days out and practitioner Tara Barrett will put it towards a trip to America.
You may also want to watch:
Day nursery manager Jennifer Neville said: “There is a real energy in nursery at this time because the dividend payment reminds us all that we are personally invested in giving our children the best possible nursery experience.
“Happy and engaged staff ensures confident children ready to realise their full potential.”
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 4 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 5 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 6 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 7 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 8 Property Spotlight: A quaint cottage on Fishpool Street, St Albans
- 9 8 countries added to UK green travel list
- 10 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
The payment is subject to NI contribution but is tax-free under HMRC rules for employee owned companies. Anyone who worked less than full-time received a pro-rata payment.