St Albans social club raises money in memory of darts player
- Credit: Archant
A charity darts tournament in St Albans raised more than £1,000 for the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance Service.
New Greens Residents Association Social Club held the tournament in memory of darts player Paul Stevens, who was attended by an air ambulance after a work accident.
Club officials Barry Fitzgerald and Debbie Jennings invited teams from the St Albans area to take part on Saturday, October 5, followed by an evening disco and raffle.
Winners Dean Jones and Kieran Bricknall were presented with the 2019 Paul Stevens Memorial Trophy, with Sue Smith and Derek Ralph as runners up. The cup was presented by Paul's sister Heather Reynolds.
After counting collection boxes, the final sum raised was £1,172.
You may also want to watch:
The club plan to hold future annual memorial events for Paul, with proceeds going to the air ambulance.
- 1 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 2 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 3 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 4 Is Bricket Wood being over-developed?
- 5 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 6 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 7 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Celebrating post-war football's local legends
- 10 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder