St Albans social club raises money in memory of darts player
- Credit: Archant
A charity darts tournament in St Albans raised more than £1,000 for the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance Service.
New Greens Residents Association Social Club held the tournament in memory of darts player Paul Stevens, who was attended by an air ambulance after a work accident.
Club officials Barry Fitzgerald and Debbie Jennings invited teams from the St Albans area to take part on Saturday, October 5, followed by an evening disco and raffle.
Winners Dean Jones and Kieran Bricknall were presented with the 2019 Paul Stevens Memorial Trophy, with Sue Smith and Derek Ralph as runners up. The cup was presented by Paul's sister Heather Reynolds.
After counting collection boxes, the final sum raised was £1,172.
You may also want to watch:
The club plan to hold future annual memorial events for Paul, with proceeds going to the air ambulance.
- 1 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 2 Green light given to new hospital project
- 3 When Nicole Kidman played the Russian mail order bride of a St Albans bank clerk
- 4 150 homes plan for Green Belt land in north St Albans is approved
- 5 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 Sustainability is key driver at golf club redevelopment
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 'Abusive and aggressive' St Albans man given Criminal Behaviour Order
- 10 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'