St Albans social club raises money in memory of darts player
- Credit: Archant
A charity darts tournament in St Albans raised more than £1,000 for the Herts and Essex Air Ambulance Service.
New Greens Residents Association Social Club held the tournament in memory of darts player Paul Stevens, who was attended by an air ambulance after a work accident.
Club officials Barry Fitzgerald and Debbie Jennings invited teams from the St Albans area to take part on Saturday, October 5, followed by an evening disco and raffle.
Winners Dean Jones and Kieran Bricknall were presented with the 2019 Paul Stevens Memorial Trophy, with Sue Smith and Derek Ralph as runners up. The cup was presented by Paul's sister Heather Reynolds.
After counting collection boxes, the final sum raised was £1,172.
You may also want to watch:
The club plan to hold future annual memorial events for Paul, with proceeds going to the air ambulance.
- 1 White Horse landlords ride off into sunset after 10 years
- 2 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 3 11 questions to decide how St Albans you are!
- 4 Boy, 14, mugged in Harpenden park
- 5 City centre road closures decision 'not a district issue'
- 6 City centre pub opens new roof garden
- 7 Staff member assaulted at St Albans City FC match
- 8 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 9 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 10 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery