St Albans named most adulterous place in Hertfordshire by ‘infidelity index’, with 3.25 per cent claimed to be cheating
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans is the most adulterous place in Hertfordshire – that’s according to an index released today that claims to chart infidelity across the UK.
At least 3.25 per cent of the city’s adult population is cheating, the figures attest, with 4,568 people having an affair.
The revelation comes from the Infidelity Index compiled by IllicitEncounters.com – which provides dating services for married people, and mapped the locations of its 1.1 million UK members against the adult population of each town, city and London borough.
The website’s Christian Grant attributes this apparent infidelity to St Albans residents’ prosperity and proximity to London, which he said provides ‘a seemingly endless choice of people to cheat with’.
He said: “While it appears in a modest 36th place in the overall city index, St Albans is by far the most adulterous city in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
“You can attribute that to a few factors. One of the most affluent places anywhere outside of London, its citizens can afford to spoil their spouse – but, more importantly, they can do the same with their secret tryst, too.
“When you also consider that the nation’s biggest city is just a short journey away, they’re not exactly short of choice when it comes to prospective partners.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping
“In short, citizens of St Albans have the financial muscle and a seemingly endless choice of people to cheat with, and they’re grabbing that opportunity with both hands.”
The figure ranks St Albans as the 36th most adulterous city in the UK.
According to the the data, Harpenden is a more faithful area, with 356 people claimed to be having an affair – a drop from 360 last year perhaps indicating that some are recanting their adulterous ways.
St Albans’ claimed 3.25 per cent adultery rate pales into insignificance next to the national high of 7.46 per cent in Gloucester.
The figures for cities are generally higher than those for towns.
Stevenage was named the most adulterous town in Hertfordshire, with 1.43 per cent of adults claimed to be cheating.
You can have a look at the figures for yourself at infidelityindex.co.uk.