St Albans named most adulterous place in Hertfordshire by ‘infidelity index’, with 3.25 per cent claimed to be cheating
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
St Albans is the most adulterous place in Hertfordshire – that’s according to an index released today that claims to chart infidelity across the UK.
At least 3.25 per cent of the city’s adult population is cheating, the figures attest, with 4,568 people having an affair.
The revelation comes from the Infidelity Index compiled by IllicitEncounters.com – which provides dating services for married people, and mapped the locations of its 1.1 million UK members against the adult population of each town, city and London borough.
The website’s Christian Grant attributes this apparent infidelity to St Albans residents’ prosperity and proximity to London, which he said provides ‘a seemingly endless choice of people to cheat with’.
He said: “While it appears in a modest 36th place in the overall city index, St Albans is by far the most adulterous city in Hertfordshire.
You may also want to watch:
“You can attribute that to a few factors. One of the most affluent places anywhere outside of London, its citizens can afford to spoil their spouse – but, more importantly, they can do the same with their secret tryst, too.
“When you also consider that the nation’s biggest city is just a short journey away, they’re not exactly short of choice when it comes to prospective partners.
- 1 Girls 'followed' by men in red Range Rover at 2am in city centre
- 2 Where in Hertfordshire are the most incidents of weapon possession?
- 3 St Albans named among UK's most family-friendly cities
- 4 Fly-tipped rubbish near Heartwood Forest set to be cleared
- 5 Fashionistas flock to Cathedral catwalk extravaganza
- 6 Light at the end of the gulley for long-running flooding
- 7 Needle spiking incident alleged at St Albans nightclub
- 8 St Albans named among UK's coldest cities
- 9 As sewage debate continues, how have our MPs voted?
- 10 Property Spotlight: A characterful Victorian home in Wheathampstead
“In short, citizens of St Albans have the financial muscle and a seemingly endless choice of people to cheat with, and they’re grabbing that opportunity with both hands.”
The figure ranks St Albans as the 36th most adulterous city in the UK.
According to the the data, Harpenden is a more faithful area, with 356 people claimed to be having an affair – a drop from 360 last year perhaps indicating that some are recanting their adulterous ways.
St Albans’ claimed 3.25 per cent adultery rate pales into insignificance next to the national high of 7.46 per cent in Gloucester.
The figures for cities are generally higher than those for towns.
Stevenage was named the most adulterous town in Hertfordshire, with 1.43 per cent of adults claimed to be cheating.
You can have a look at the figures for yourself at infidelityindex.co.uk.