St Albans named best city in Anglia in Bloom competition
ST ALBANS was named best city in the Anglia in Bloom campaign for 2011 earlier today.
It also received a gold medal and a nod in the special awards category, coming away with best new entry.
The Municipal Gardens in the City Centre also won the best local authority floral display.
Other nominations in the area included St Michaels Manor Hotel for best commercial area, Verulamium Park for the best public open space, Earthworks for the best garden for special needs and St Lukes School in Redbourn for the best young persons project.
St Albans competed against hundreds of other towns, villages, small villages and urban communities across six counties in the Anglia Region.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were announced today at a ceremony in Colchester, attended by St Albans Mayor Cllr Aislinn Lee and Richard Schwe, Head of Community Services.
- 1 Driver dies in London Colney crash
- 2 Man 'tasered' outside Alban Arena after brawl, claim eyewitnesses
- 3 Woman arrested after wielding broken bottle in St Albans fight
- 4 Record-breaking run for St Albans' Lizzie Bird in Olympic final
- 5 St Albans MP reveals: 'Oaklands College has no intention of continuing to provide nursery services'
- 6 St Albans indies pick up six awards in regional competition
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 St Albans violent crime: 'Imagine having a criminal record before having a chance to get a job'
- 9 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans
- 10 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire