St Albans named best city in Anglia in Bloom competition
ST ALBANS was named best city in the Anglia in Bloom campaign for 2011 earlier today.
It also received a gold medal and a nod in the special awards category, coming away with best new entry.
The Municipal Gardens in the City Centre also won the best local authority floral display.
Other nominations in the area included St Michaels Manor Hotel for best commercial area, Verulamium Park for the best public open space, Earthworks for the best garden for special needs and St Lukes School in Redbourn for the best young persons project.
St Albans competed against hundreds of other towns, villages, small villages and urban communities across six counties in the Anglia Region.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were announced today at a ceremony in Colchester, attended by St Albans Mayor Cllr Aislinn Lee and Richard Schwe, Head of Community Services.
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 Parents condemn Oaklands' decision to close nursery as a 'travesty'
- 6 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 7 London Colney in 'a good place' as they look for a season of redemption
- 8 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 9 Ammunition found in bag on St Albans street
- 10 7 of the best brunches in St Albans and Harpenden