St Albans named best city in Anglia in Bloom competition
ST ALBANS was named best city in the Anglia in Bloom campaign for 2011 earlier today.
It also received a gold medal and a nod in the special awards category, coming away with best new entry.
The Municipal Gardens in the City Centre also won the best local authority floral display.
Other nominations in the area included St Michaels Manor Hotel for best commercial area, Verulamium Park for the best public open space, Earthworks for the best garden for special needs and St Lukes School in Redbourn for the best young persons project.
St Albans competed against hundreds of other towns, villages, small villages and urban communities across six counties in the Anglia Region.
You may also want to watch:
The winners were announced today at a ceremony in Colchester, attended by St Albans Mayor Cllr Aislinn Lee and Richard Schwe, Head of Community Services.
- 1 How many people in St Albans were fined for breaking COVID rules?
- 2 Hitchin and Harpenden MP responds to questions over new £2,500 a month part-time role
- 3 Stamp duty holiday extension to be debated in Parliament
- 4 Why is there a 50mph speed limit on small section of A414?
- 5 Remembering one-of-a-kind local legend Lee Bozier
- 6 Row over new barriers blocking path for wheelchair users
- 7 Row over charges for garden waste continues
- 8 Increase in electric car charging points thanks to new partnership
- 9 Ambulance boss steps down after battling 'severe coronavirus'
- 10 14 St Albans things that are gone but not forgotten