St Albans musicians holding two days of performances to make up for Christmas Market snub
- Credit: Archant
A mix of local talent will be putting on two afternoons of music in the run up to Christmas.
The two dates on the St Albans Charter Market were offered to local musicians who felt they had been snubbed when the district council opted to use a company to run the entertainment at the Christmas Market.
The company, Meraki, offered to hold a miniature festival at the Christmas Market in Vintry Garden to showcase an event they will be holding at the Herts Showground next spring. There was no cost to the council but it meant that local acts who had been expecting to perform there as they had in previous years were left out in the cold.
This Saturday (17) at the Clock Tower, the programme will include stalwart of the local folk scene. Julian Mount, Bricket Wood Community Choir singing festive songs and Abbie Gathard who will provide rootsy acoustic pop.
Bluesy chanteuse Li-Li will close the afternoon and Bill Johnson will be the guest host.
You may also want to watch:
Next Wednesday, December 21, Ollie Bannister will be performing popular covers whilst Hidden Jules will demonstrate their brand of alt-acoustica outside Ladbrokes in St Peter’s Street.
They will be joined by the massed ukulele sound of Katie’s Jumping Fleas and Holly Graham performing ballads with seasonal treats.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
- 5 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 8 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 9 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 10 Prove you’ve had vaccine, say a third of St Albans office workers
Both gigs will run from midday to 4pm.