St Albans Museum + Gallery shortlisted for architecture award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Museum + Gallery is one of 23 buildings shortlisted for a regional architecture award.
A regional jury from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) visited the £7.75 million museum and gallery for the RIBA East 2019 Awards. They were given a tour by architect Katherine Watts, Cllr Annie Brewster and Willmott Dixon construction manager Jon Allworth.
Cllr Brewster, portfolio holder for culture and sport, said: “It is an enormous honour to be considered alongside such impressive projects for a highly coveted RIBA Award.
“The jury were really engaging and seemed fascinated about the restoration story.”
The results of the award will be announced in a ceremony at Downing College, Cambridge, on Thursday, May 9.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, the regional award winners will be considered for an RIBA national award.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy