St Albans Museum + Gallery shortlisted for architecture award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Museum + Gallery is one of 23 buildings shortlisted for a regional architecture award.
A regional jury from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) visited the £7.75 million museum and gallery for the RIBA East 2019 Awards. They were given a tour by architect Katherine Watts, Cllr Annie Brewster and Willmott Dixon construction manager Jon Allworth.
Cllr Brewster, portfolio holder for culture and sport, said: “It is an enormous honour to be considered alongside such impressive projects for a highly coveted RIBA Award.
“The jury were really engaging and seemed fascinated about the restoration story.”
The results of the award will be announced in a ceremony at Downing College, Cambridge, on Thursday, May 9.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, the regional award winners will be considered for an RIBA national award.
- 1 Far-right group condemns black Jesus painting at St Albans Cathedral
- 2 Crack dealers arrested at playing fields
- 3 “It’s behind you” – Beloved Bob Golding bids a fond farewell to Arena panto
- 4 Area Guide: Harpenden's vibrant Southdown neighbourhood
- 5 Six men charged with series of keyless vehicle thefts
- 6 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 7 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 8 Charter Market gazebos plan is fait accomplit says portfolio holder
- 9 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 10 May 17th: How one independent pub chain is coping