St Albans Museum + Gallery shortlisted for architecture award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Museum + Gallery is one of 23 buildings shortlisted for a regional architecture award.
A regional jury from the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) visited the £7.75 million museum and gallery for the RIBA East 2019 Awards. They were given a tour by architect Katherine Watts, Cllr Annie Brewster and Willmott Dixon construction manager Jon Allworth.
Cllr Brewster, portfolio holder for culture and sport, said: “It is an enormous honour to be considered alongside such impressive projects for a highly coveted RIBA Award.
“The jury were really engaging and seemed fascinated about the restoration story.”
The results of the award will be announced in a ceremony at Downing College, Cambridge, on Thursday, May 9.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, the regional award winners will be considered for an RIBA national award.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 4 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 9 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 10 St Albans County Lines crackdown continues with more arrests