St Albans Museum + Gallery shortlisted for construction award
- Credit: Archant
St Albans Museum + Gallery has been shortlisted for a prize at the British Construction Industry Awards.
Nominated in the 'cultural and leisure projects of the year' category, the city's £7.75m museum and gallery, which opened in June 2018, found itself pitched against transformational projects such as the £80.11 V&A Dundee Museum.
Speaking at the awards ceremony on Wednesday, October 9, Herts county Cllr Annie Brewster said: "What a David and Goliath moment.
"We were amazed to be shortlisted and, quite frankly, had no expectation of winning anything at all."
The judging panel was made up of 72 industry leaders, and a delegation of judges visited every project.
You may also want to watch:
The Museum + Gallery received so much support from the judges that it was awarded one of the few runners-up prizes given in any category, in the form of a 'Highly Commended' award.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy