St Albans mums take part in Big Breastfeeding Café
- Credit: Archant
A group of St Albans mums got together on Tuesday (16) to take part in the Big Breastfeeding Café.
Across the UK, 600 mums took part in similar events, with one in St Albans at Verulam Clinic on Victoria Street.
Organiser Gizem Erdem said: “I enjoyed the Big Breastfeeding Café very much. We discussed all about continued breastfeeding from 12 months, the balance between solid foods and milk intake - over a cake or two! I am so thankful to our venue, the Verulam Clinic and Medela for supporting the event.”
The café campaign was started by breastfeeding company Medela after a survey which said 76 per cent of women said they found breastfeeding support groups to be helpful.
Medela’s in-house lactation consultant, Sioned Hilton said: “Although breastfeeding is a part of human nature, it is not always as easy as first thought and can be challenging.
You may also want to watch:
“Having a supportive, reassuring and caring network around you is vital.”
- 1 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 2 Which St Albans nursery has been voted best in the East of England?
- 3 8 filming locations of Netflix royal drama The Crown in Hertfordshire
- 4 St Albans named among England's most expensive property hotspots
- 5 In pictures: First Comedy Garden is a complete laughfest
- 6 St Albans South Signal Box reopens to the public
- 7 Teenager strangled in attack in St Albans park
- 8 In pictures: World's last 'truly wild' horse at Whipsnade Zoo
- 9 New campaign highlights Abbey Line hidden gems
- 10 National Trust set to open at the Abbey Theatre in St Albans