St Albans mums take part in Big Breastfeeding Café
- Credit: Archant
A group of St Albans mums got together on Tuesday (16) to take part in the Big Breastfeeding Café.
Across the UK, 600 mums took part in similar events, with one in St Albans at Verulam Clinic on Victoria Street.
Organiser Gizem Erdem said: “I enjoyed the Big Breastfeeding Café very much. We discussed all about continued breastfeeding from 12 months, the balance between solid foods and milk intake - over a cake or two! I am so thankful to our venue, the Verulam Clinic and Medela for supporting the event.”
The café campaign was started by breastfeeding company Medela after a survey which said 76 per cent of women said they found breastfeeding support groups to be helpful.
Medela’s in-house lactation consultant, Sioned Hilton said: “Although breastfeeding is a part of human nature, it is not always as easy as first thought and can be challenging.
“Having a supportive, reassuring and caring network around you is vital.”
- 1 1,000 new homes planned next to village
- 2 Seventies St Albans is backdrop to new novel about secret Nazi treasure
- 3 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 4 Extinction Rebellion protestors scale roof of Barclays in St Albans
- 5 Batchwood Golf Course to be redesigned after houses hit by balls
- 6 St Albans haberdashery store celebrates 50 years
- 7 Local restaurants snap up accolades in Curry Awards
- 8 St Albans named among happiest places to live in Britain
- 9 PM to intervene in hold-up over new hospital for west Herts
- 10 'Risky' new plans to transform St Albans city centre for a post-pandemic world