St Albans Mummers to perform St George and the Dragon this Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans Mummers will be performing their traditional Christmas play, St George and the Dragon, all over town this Boxing Day.
The performances start at the Museum + Gallery at 11.30am followed by the White Hart Hotel at 12.20pm, the West Door of the Abbey at 1pm, the Fighting Cocks at 1.50pm and finally the Clock Tower at 2.40pm.
Any funds raised from the performances will be donated to charity.
According to the programme, the show features "signs of conflict, life, death and resurrection, plus some awful jokes but in the best possible taste".
The play was first performed in 1967 and is essentially the same today. The cast, however, has changed a bit over the years and members of the original audience now bring their grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Each performance is a little different as the Mummers like to include topical items and interact with the public.
- 1 St Albans violent crime: 'Intervention needed to break the cycle of grooming'
- 2 St Albans violent crime: Teen drugs gang behind spate of attacks on rivals found guilty
- 3 Man given Criminal Behaviour Order for being drunk in St Albans
- 4 What are the outstanding schools in Hertfordshire?
- 5 £36 million loan to refinance Maltings Shopping Centre
- 6 Harpenden arrest in connection with St Albans council fraud probe
- 7 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in Hertfordshire
- 8 Area Guide: The popular Marshalswick area of St Albans
- 9 12 facts you might not known about Batchwood Hall Covid vaccination centre
- 10 Revealed: The St Albans postcodes with the biggest house price reductions