St Albans Mummers to perform St George and the Dragon this Boxing Day
- Credit: Archant
The St Albans Mummers will be performing their traditional Christmas play, St George and the Dragon, all over town this Boxing Day.
The performances start at the Museum + Gallery at 11.30am followed by the White Hart Hotel at 12.20pm, the West Door of the Abbey at 1pm, the Fighting Cocks at 1.50pm and finally the Clock Tower at 2.40pm.
Any funds raised from the performances will be donated to charity.
According to the programme, the show features "signs of conflict, life, death and resurrection, plus some awful jokes but in the best possible taste".
The play was first performed in 1967 and is essentially the same today. The cast, however, has changed a bit over the years and members of the original audience now bring their grandchildren.
You may also want to watch:
Each performance is a little different as the Mummers like to include topical items and interact with the public.
- 1 Welcome to the House of Poutine, St Albans' newest city centre eatery
- 2 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 3 Diedhiou destroys Casuals' dreams to grab replay for St Albans City
- 4 Harpenden's disappearing banks - will Barclays be next?
- 5 St Albans City 'got away with it' says boss after snatching FA Cup replay at Corinthian Casuals
- 6 Harpenden High Street Covid road closures to end imminently
- 7 The latest court results for the St Albans area
- 8 Brilliant Breakfast goes down a treat with the women of St Albans
- 9 Can you help police trace Park Street vandal?
- 10 David Amess: St Albans MP Daisy Cooper reacts to tragedy