Before and after pictures: St Albans mum sheds six stone in a year
- Credit: Archant
These dramatic before and after pictures show a St Albans mum who managed to shed six stone in a year.
Ann Rogers had been over weight for as long as she could remember and fluctuating around 20 stone since 2009.
In the past Ann had managed to temporarily lose weight, with the help of fitness programmes such as the NHS Couch to 5K, but she always rocketed back sooner or later.
Following her second pregnancy in summer 2017, Ann joined the gym at Westminster Lodge Leisure Centre and started to seriously slim.
With the help of Small Group Training instructor and personal trainer Wendy Martin, Ann is now eight stone lighter than her heaviest, and six stone less than she was when she signed up.
You may also want to watch:
Ann said: "Small Group Training is definitely one of my favourite types of training.
"I love everyone's enthusiasm when you work out in a group. You form friendships with other members and working out together pushes you to achieve more, having more fun than if you're on your own.
- 1 New £250K play park to be built in Harpenden
- 2 Street food market in St Albans city centre to celebrate Eid
- 3 May 17: What can open when COVID-19 lockdown rules ease
- 4 London Colney paddling pool to close - but splash pad replacement approved
- 5 County council leader unseated in shock result
- 6 Festival applications granted for St Albans' Springfield Farm
- 7 Elections: Liberal Democrats take control of St Albans district council
- 8 Drop-in COVID vaccine sessions available this week
- 9 Property Spotlight: A fine fixer-upper close to popular St Albans schools
- 10 May 17th: Harpenden's White Horse boasts record bookings since lockdown lifted
"We even have a group chat in WhatsApp to keep us driven during the week, sharing recipes or tips, and getting homework from Wendy.
"It has definitely been instrumental in keeping me motivated to keep on my weight loss journey."
Ann has recently been awarded Member of the Month by the Westminster Lodge team.
She said: "My weight loss journey definitely isn't finished. I still have a couple of stone that I want to lose to get me to a mid-range healthy BMI for my height - and it is definitely a bit of a battle sometimes.
"I'm incredibly proud of what I've achieved so far and grateful to the Westminster Lodge team, who have all been influential in helping to change my life and get me to where I want to be."
Westminster Lodge is run by Everyone Active in partnership with St Albans district council.
Everyone Active fitness manager Will Brentnall said: "We love watching our members succeed in their fitness ventures and are particularly proud of Ann's weight loss achievements.
"She always comes into the gym with a smile on her face, ready to work hard and the results she has seen are a testament to her determination."